Skip to content

Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not stay at the palace

newsJul 6, 202625358

Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not be staying at the palace during part of his London visit after royal sources said the duke failed to formally confirm acceptance of an offer of accommodation by a deadline at the end of last week. The palace says it offered a room, the Sussex team did not respond by the deadline and then formally declined in correspondence on Saturday, and a same-day change to accept came too late to make arrangements. A spokesman for Prince Harry said the offer had been formally accepted and was later withdrawn, calling the decision "disappointing." The palace also cited concerns that the timing of a court judgment in Harry's case against Associated Newspapers, due on 7 July, could compromise the King’s constitutional position. Prince Harry is still expected in London on Monday to carry out engagements promoting the Invictus Games and related charities, and the palace said it communicated that he could not stay. The conflicting accounts make a planned meeting between King Charles and Prince Harry this week more complicated.

1 source