Bird of the Day, theme 'Iridescence'
Such a great bird, the Violet-backed Starling for #birdoftheday #iridescence Kruger National Park, South Africa #birds #nature
That bird is a work of art 😍
WOW, that is a regal bird.
I remember seeing one of these whilst visiting Tanzania, made me question why humanity bothered to leave Africa.
Wow. Who knew such a color existed in birds. (Except for South Africans, of course.) 😉
Beautiful photo Mike... I have not seen a Violet-backed Starling before, what a wonderful rich iridescent purple colour! 👏
New bird for me—Wow! 💜
A Grackle showing off his best #Iridescent side. #BirdOfTheDay #grackle #ECK #birds #nature #photography #birdphotography
My grackle is saying "Where are my frigging peanuts?"
Wow! I think I'd always assumed from the name that they'd be full and grey...colour me impressed!
I’d be flaunting this off like I was a runway model.
the names are as cool as the pics! keep 'em coming Dennis👍
Off to walk Sam folks. Take care of yourselves. Remember: A calm mind knows the difference between what matters and what merely makes noise. So enjoy your day. Back later to help Rob. #BirdOfTheDay #Iridescence #birds #ColorADay #BlueTue #ECK
That's great Alan. Such a quite peaceful bird! 😲
This Girl Is on Fire! 👌🫶
Lovely words and beautiful photo Alan💙 I only think the bird is not that calm😅Have a lovely walk with Sam 🤗😘
Gorgeous photo and very well said indeed Alan!
So true, Alan! Great shot as always 👏👏 Enjoy your walk with Sam 🤗😘
I'll keep those words of wisdom in mind the next time my car starts making evil clattering noises. I'm sure it'll understand, "Alan says you don't matter! So there!" 😁 Have a fun walk.
Good morning folks. Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #Iridescence, any bird with colour changing plumage. The Alt theme is #Mothers, any female bird. Check the Alt Txt on the female Mandarin for the reason for that Alt Theme. #birds #ECK #photography #CanonR5mkii @rspb.bsky.social #birdphotography
I won't repeat our chats, but just know I'm thinking of you as you go through such a difficult time, Rob. Look after yourself and your loved ones 🫂💔
Sorry to learn of this Rob. Hope your love of nature helps get yoj through a difficult time.
I’m so sorry you and your family are going through this. Your words show how deeply loved she is, and I’m glad she’s being kept comfortable and surrounded by the people who care about her most. Sending you all strength, love, and peace in the days ahead.
Rob, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your MIL. These are stressful times for our extended family. Take care.
I am really sorry to read about your mother and mother in law. Mothers are the greatest treasure that we have. Sending you lots of love and hugs. 🫂 ❤️
Thank you for sharing you beautiful photos and personal heartache. Wishing you and your family comfort at this difficult time.
Alan H says the #BirdOfTheDay theme today is #StrikeAPose — Birds caught in a particularly photogenic pose. Mr. Varied Thrush demonstrates their classic defense pose! #birds #becurious🪶
I thought that was the "warning, I'm about to jazz hands my wings" pose? :)
This is MY classic defense pose: 🫥
I loved seeing them arrive in the yard and flipping the fallen leaves off our kiwi. We no long have the arbour and the kiwi that grew around it. I wonder if they are unimpressed with our decision.
The callings and vocalizations between the members of an active flock of varied thrush is one of the greatest and strangest events you will ever hear.