Bird of the Day, theme 'Bird In ABush'
Today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #BirdInABush; Alt #FlyingHigh I'm going with a young long-tailed tit sitting in a bush. 🪶 #birds #birding #BirdsSeenIn2026 #Germany #wildlife #photography #naturephotography #thelittlethings #ECK
Absolutely astonishing shot Rina. Pin sharp perfection. What a cutie and so’s the bird. 😂🤗🫶🏼
Aww this is so sweet and lovely dear Rina ❤️ what a gorgeous photo ✨️
Beautiful photo Rina 👏 One of my favourite birds.
So cute and and tiny , great capture, and love the white frame , good combination 😍
Fantastic capture, that over-the-shoulder look, the detail, and the sheer cuteness 😍
What a sweet little creature 🫶 Great picture! Thank you ☺️
For AB’s alt theme #FlyingHigh I’m going with some Sandwich Terns. Not a great shot but liked their formation. #BirdOfTheDay #birds #photography #ECK
Mar suggested I make it a mono capture. I think she’s right. Much better. Thanks Mar. 🙏🏼🤗😘
I would be delighted with this 'not a great shot.' It is competition worthy. 🙂
"Ready for fly-past. There's some weirdo with a camera trying to take pictures of our butts." "Roger Red Leader. Turd run initiated..." I like it!
I’ll have to disagree with you. I reckon it’s a wonderful photo. 👍🏼
I understand wanting better light, but the variance in focus really makes the image for me.
You’re underselling it Alan; that formation is great
A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Is it though? #BirdInABush #BirdOfTheDay #birds #nature #photography #ECK
As Mike Harding once said: A bird in the hand . . . always does it on your wrist!
𝗛𝗮𝗵𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗲! 𝗙𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁.
Think I prefer two in the bush myself Aintright; lovely shot
What a lovely capture 🥰
Nya, 2 in the bush are pretty cool!
Awesome shot Bill. 👏👏 Such a sweet moment. 😍
Good Morning & Happy Wednesday Everyone! Today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #BirdInABush; any bird in a hedge/bush Alt. is #FlyingHigh; any bird flying high in the sky - juvenile Whitethroat amongst the brambles - Sub-adult White-Tailed Eagle flyover #birds #ECK #birdphotography #naturephotography
Terrific pairing there AB … from the tiny bird lurking in a bush to the mighty Eagle soaring high above. Great contrast. 👌
Great captures and themes AB 👍 It must have been wonderful to watch the White-tailed Eagle flyover and how adorable is that young Whitethroat! 🫠
Good morning to you too. They are both beautiful shots. 😍👌 Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. 🙏
Beautiful photos, AB! I can’t imagine there will many twofers today! 😂
Good morning AB, have a fine Wednesday too. What a lovely themes and beautiful photos ✨️ special the white tailed eagle❤️ i see them only through the binoculars.
𝗢𝗵 𝘄𝗼𝘄, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗼𝘂𝘀! 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲-𝗧𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗘𝗮𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵—𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗮𝗽𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀. 👌
A barn swallow searches for a place to land as another bird seems to turn to talk to it. For the #birdoftheday theme of #flyinghigh #birds #swallows #barnswallow #protectnature ##EastCoastKin
ohhoho! the motion 💖💖💖💖 its so crisp!!! beautifully juxtaposed with the unfocused other birds!!
Fabulous shot of these blooming fast blighters Amy.
Such an incredible shot, Amy!
These are SO hard to get good pics of, this is fabulous. 🩵
This is so lovely and beautiful Amy, it looks it was saying:No room for you here 🙃😍
𝗪𝗼𝘄, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗻 𝘀𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝗖𝗮𝗽𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁—𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗲𝘆𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘁. 🩵
#Connect2Nature #Birds #BirdoftheDay #FlyingHigh In a rare moment when everything aligned, this bird flew right in front of the rising moon. Not a composite photo. Still one of my favourite shots. #Nature #Photography
90 % of a Photographer's photos are not the Camera, but being in the right place at the right time.
Wow! One of those "only one chance" pics and you got the shot.
𝗪𝗼𝘄, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁’𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗽𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲! 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁-𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹. 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝘁’𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.
Right place, right time, and a LOT of patience! Made for an amazing photo! 😀
That is a great shot!
Okay. Wow. This speaks of something -- but I can't quite say what. Of freedom and the size of the universe. Or something. I really love it.
Sea eagle flying high above the waters of Vestfjorden, clutching part of a herring. Lofoten, Norway, August 2026 As per AB's theme of #FlyingHigh for #BirdOfTheDay #ECK #Photography #Nature #Birds #Wildlife
Incredible capture, Alex! So jealous you went to Lofoten!
A herring? Off to cut down the largest tree in the forest, obviously. (Nice shot!)
Stunning shot, Alex! And how fun to go to Norway! Great choice of months. What things did you enjoy most about your time there?
Wow, what a shot! Hope you had a great holiday! 😎
An eastern spinebill for the #BirdInABush theme of #BirdOfTheDay picked by @atlanticbirding.bsky.social 📍Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra 🇦🇺 #birds #nature #photography #ECK
Just amazing. It is like a painting used to illustrate one of those Ladybird books we had as children but taken to a different dimension. 👌
Beautiful photo. The composition is perfect. It almost looks like it could be a painting.
Wow! Fantastic photo, Rob. Needs a frame.
𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁! 📸
Beautiful shot - one of my favorite Australian birds 👍🏽👍🏽
Beautiful, Australia has such a rich bird population. I did not get to see a spinebill during my visit . Awesome action shot 😍
An adorable Rufous Mourner in a bushy spot in Panama. #birdoftheday #BirdInABush #birds #Panama
So cute, I want one 😁
Great shot, love the soft back lighting and the pose
Beautiful bird! Here's my poor pencil sketch #birdart
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗴𝗲! 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀.
Robin in a holly bush. #BirdOfTheDay #BirdInABush 📷🌿🪶
Never appreciated our birds so much until seeing so many photos of our different species.
Beautiful HLK ✨ love the orange breast and red berries 🧡❤️
How do you make moving birds look this crisp? Delightful capture, HLK. 😍
Nice shot! I love how you caught it with its wings up.
#FlyingHigh above me was this Nankeen Kestrel. This is called ya 'crick in the neck' photography technique. I think that's the technical term. 🧣📷👆🤔 📸🔭 600mm lens. Objects are further away than they appear. 🚗 #BirdOfTheDay #BirdPhotography #Birds #Nature #Wildlife #photography #Australia
Stunning shot Tara; well captured
Ahh, yes. A popular photography technique that leads to the common injury known as Warbler Neck
That's fantastic, Tara! LOVE Nankeen Kestrels. Grew up in central Queensland seeing them all the time. Long before I had a camera, and they were about the only raptor I knew. Always thought they were beautiful. Worst of all, I still do NOT have a shot of one! Who's jealous now? That'd be moi!
Very beautiful, well worth the neck pain 😍
Wow. That is beautiful. So that's what's possible with skill and a 600mm lens. This could be dangerous knowledge for me... 😅