Bird of the Day, theme 'Rainy Day Birds'
A great blue heron comes up empty-beaked after diving for a fish at a nature area in Longmont, Colorado. #FlyDay #BirdOfTheDay #RainyDayBirds #SunnyDayBirds #bird #birdphotography #ECK #birds #photography #birdsofbluesky #BirdsSeenln2026 #nature #wildlife #wildlifephotography
Kort, great capture! Love the action of the photo. And very crisp capture with the colors of the heron and the water splashes. Well done!!
OMG the water drops and their reflection frozen in time like that. Maybe my #1 fav so far!! Well done!!!!
Because all the fish have been rounded up and sent to detention centers.
Wow! I zoomed in on this and those water droplets are mesmerizing.
"I meant to miss that one !", heron says defensively. 😆
This guy hanging out at the dog park in Stoughton, Wisconsin.
Good morning birders. Level is easy today. The #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #RainyDayBirds, any bird captured in the rain or that has wet plumage. Alt is #SunnyDayBirds, birds captured on a sunny day. Female Mallard taken yesterday. #birds #photography #ECK
Sorry it's a late post @alan678.bsky.social, but here's Kenny Kingfisher, Melvin Mallard, Nelly Nuthatch & Neal Northern Shoveler showing themselves off for the Alt theme of #SunnyDayBirds on today's #BirdOfTheDay. #birds #ECK #Photography #ukbirding #CanonR5mkii @rspb.bsky.social #birdphotography
#BirdOfTheDay Gulls on the weir. Doesn't look wet but the rain had only just stopped and there was a lot of washing by ducking in the river going on.
Good morning Alan. Beautiful portrait. The water droplets are 👌
I'm still waiting for Begins with WXYZ
Good morning Alan. That is one gorgeous mallard portrait! For me no level is an easy level at the moment because my laptop broke down and I can't access my photo archive 😥. All I have are the pics on my phone. But there are worse things in the world I guess. Have a happy Friday.
Morning Alan, what a beautiful portrait 😍
Australian King Parrot in the rain. #BirdOfTheDay #birds #WildOz
(🎶) - Tra, la-la, la-la There's a King Parrot in the rain Tra, la, la, la, la, la Great big parrot in the rain Tra, la-la, la-la All those seeds make him look a little plump Plump, plump [Apol.s to Franz Reuther]
Great shot. You’re a braver man than me, out in that weather….
Holy smoke, that's a good'n, Leo.
Well, it does have wet feathers.... A ring-necked duck just up from a dive for today's #BirdOfTheDay theme, #RainyDayBirds: any bird captured in the rain or that has wet plumage. #Birds #Ducks #Nature #Photography #Wildlife
Funny thing, some Europeans look at the bird and identity it as a ring billed (bec cerclé here in French, ringsnavel in Dutch, ringschnabel in German).
Fabulous photo! I love the waterfowl pics that feature such amazing water drop patterns. Thank you.
Hi, Julie! Great to meet you. Here's a great egret performing a water take-off.
He’s staring you down Julie!
Nice shot! I love the close-up and the angle.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #RainyDayBirds. A male Pine Grosbeak in light snow (solid rain) at -25°C. #Saskatchewan #ECK #photography #birds #nature #wildlife #Kodachrome #1990s #ManualFocus
Haha. I almost went there (solid rain). This is a lovely shot.
Beautiful photo of the little bird! I know there are birds that can survive the extreme cold in winter. I remember one of my aunts hanging beef bones on her clothesline for the birds to eat in winter.