Bird of the Day, alt theme 'Herons&Egrets'
Rob Crank's choice for #BirdOfTheDay ALT theme is #Herons&Egrets #birds #photography #ECK @everyheron.bsky.social 2 young Pacific Great Blue Heron siblings "playing"? in their nest!
What an incredible image! Well done!
At least there are 2 of them. But who knows if more eggs were laid? Eggs are laid one at a time over a few days and hatch the same way. Usually 3-4 eggs. Some species of Birds, including Herons, practice fratricide/siblicide. The smaller/younger chick is pushed out of the nest or not fed.
I love their hair style! Makes me laugh and feel good every time I see them! 😂
That was a well-timed shot.
Sorely tempted was I to post another of my Rainbow Lorikeets, but resist did I. An #EasternRosella is as colourful. I think this fits the #ColourfulCharacters theme for #BirdOfTheDay. No, you were no help hanging out the washing. #Birds #ECK #Australiana
You have some of the zingiest birds in Dahnunderland Audrey. That one is a crackerjack .
Such a gorgeous and lovely bird Audrey ❤️
Beautiful capture, Audrey! I love the Rainbow Lorikeets, but this Eastern Rosella is just as striking!
Beautiful , I saw the pale headed ones, but not this one, thank you for sharing 😄
Magnificent capture, Audrey! I’m sorry that it wouldn’t help you hang your laundry but at least you had something beautiful to look at. 😁🕊️💛
Lovely shot of a beautiful, very colorful bird!
Male Painted Bunting in South Carolina for #BirdOfTheDay #ColourfulCharacters #birds #nature
Beautiful photo of a beautiful bird! 😎👍
This one is so beautiful too. Wow!
he knows how to pose to show all his paint
Oh my. I haven’t seen one, this year. We had a family of blue buntings, for awhile, but I’m still going to see a painted at our feeders, or around house.
What a gorgeous bird! Great shot Mike! 😊
Gorgeous portrait, so perfect! Someday I hope to be lucky enough to see this species in person.
Good morning folks. Today's #BirdOfTheDay is #ColourfulCharacters, any bird with colourful plumage. The Alt theme is #Herons&Egrets, any of both species. #birds #ECK #CanonR5mkii #birdphotography #ukbirding @rspb.bsky.social #naturephotography #NatureTherapy #ForJanet #wildlifephotography
Good morning Rob. 🙏 All beautifully captured. 👏👏👏
Happy Saturday, Rob. Lovely photos.
What a stunning set Rob and, of course, there had to be a Kingfisher. Good job Legsy is away, attempting to regain his youth by driving around in circles in a tiny car. Thank for also including a #Robin #ForJanet. I hope you're coping with your own stressful situation.
Wonderful set of images Rob 👏
Wow your Kingfisher shot is beautiful Rob. 🥰
Beautiful birds and captures! Happy weekend, Rob 🧡
Say hello to Patrick, one of the beautiful toucans at the Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, Washington #Birds #Toucans #BirdOfTheDay #ColourfulCharacters #FeatheredFriends #Photography
hi Patrick. you are very handsome.
I suddenly have a craving for Fruit Loops.
Hello, Patrick! I’m Bernard, the Black‐headed Caique from West Hants, Nova Scotia!
I think Patrick knows that his name is Patrick, and is quite pleased about it. "Oh, Patrick, you are a handsome boy!" Don't your feathers look wonderful today!" 🥰