Bird of the Day, theme 'Thin Perches'
A Cedar Waxwing performs a delicate balancing act while reaching for some delicious berries for todayโs #BirdOfTheDay theme #ThinPerches. #birds #nature #wildlife #photography
I'm having a good time trying to get my drawing to upload and then what upload it I have to edit it so here's another try WIP
Wonderful capture. The realism is exceptional. ๐
Cedar Waxwings are one of the worldโs most beautiful birds.
When I see a scout fly in I make coffee itโs a fleeting display of them stripping my holly berry bushes bare! Itโs amazing you barely see them then 50 show up! I indulge if Iโm lucky enough to spot them
Oh how I miss the Cedar Waxwing! Moved from the prairies to the west coast.
Outstanding photo. ๐ Great work.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme set by Helen: #ThinPerches - a thin perch, relative to the birds size. So, this Linnet was seen at Lamplighters Marsh NR, Bristol, in January 2026. #ukwildlife #birds @helenbennett.bsky.social
It's got perfect camouflage in the teasel!
Wonderful capture, David .... I love the Linnets pose and its beautiful teasel perch! ๐๐
Lovely shot, love the color theme.
Beautiful shot! Color, composition , its a complete match
It's impersonating a plant and showing off its excellent camouflage.
I admire the way you put that shot together.
Have you spotted a bird perched on a thin perch, relative to the birds size? Well that's today's #BirdOfTheDay theme: #ThinPerches Like this beautiful male Stonechat, wobbling away on a slender fragile dried stem, he almost fell off! ๐๐ท ๐ชถ Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! ๐ค๐
Such awkward footing. But a lovely image!
Great image and challenging theme! ๐
What a beautiful capture ๐ฅฐ
Hello! What a nice shot. Thanks for the themes.
Gorgeous capture Helen. He really does look in trouble, though โฆ and seems to know it by the look on his face.
Beautiful shot, and themes, Helen.
Good morning birders and buddies, Helen @helenbennett.bsky.social has said today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #ThinPerches any bird on a comparatively thin perch. Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! Twofer, ๐๐ Reed Bunting #birds #photography #ECK
Lovely shot Alan; and a twofer!
Gorgeous!! ๐ ๐ฅฐ And a twofer Alan, now that's showing off!! ๐
Lovely. I hope you are enjoying the new job-share, Alan. Seems to be going swimmingly so far.
A twofer you know what that means you say always to us Alan ๐ Good morning and what a gorgeous photo โฅ๏ธ
Great shot! I love when they are slightly angled upward, and rhe light is lovely!
Beautiful capture, Alan! I love the background almost as much as the subject. โจ๐
My usual: lazuli bunting. #BirdOfTheDay #ThinPerches #BuntingBirds ๐ท๐ฟ๐ชถ
Lovely shot! These are literally the only buntings I have ever photographed.
That's so beautiful H. A lovely shot. But I thought your usual was a flicker of some sort? ๐
Such a beautiful image!! Gorgeous colors.
Sharp, beautiful photo, the flowers in the background are a lovely touch. ๐๐ Love the Lazuli bunting.
My #birdoftheday #thinperches is this Asian Little Green Bee-eater that I took in Thailand earlier this year. Still one of my favourite bird encounters from this year. #birds #birdphotography
Truly magical photo Mark. Great work.
Very fierce looking bird. I suppose if my job was eating bees I would look fierce too.
This is an outstanding photo! ๐๐ป
Wonderful bird and photo, Mark ๐โจ๏ธ
Wow, what a spectacular pic and a unique, little bird! ๐
Whoa, such perfection - both bird and photo!
Here's my #BirdOfTheDay on #ThinPerches. #wildlife #birds
Oh Tim, that's such a great capture! ๐ its amazing how the owls or birds generally just know what perches can support them. I can see this one is bending, though! ๐๐ฆ
That does look very thin for that owl! Great capture, Tim!
Great shot, Tim!! GHO appears to be testing the strength of that perch.
Light as a feather A red-winged blackbird perched on a very thin stalk of dried dill flowers at golden hour. I posted a different shot of this a while back. #BirdOfTheDay #ThinPerches #BlueSkyMonday #ECK #PhotographersUnited #EastCoastKin #photography #birds #ArtYear
A wonderful dreamy scene.... lovely photo, Robyn! ๐โจ๏ธ
This is really beautiful, Robyn! It's amazing the bird doesn't bend the thin stalks!
I love this photo, partly because the only thing in focus is the red-winged blackbird! It's a cool effect how the brush has blurriness and depth
Per Helen Bennett, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme: #ThinPerches, a bird perched on a thin perch, relative to the bird's size. Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! #birds #photography #ECK A Bald Eagle on a relatively slim branch!
Nice. Just posted one very similar to this. Could be the same Eagle? No, I guess I don't believe that either.๐คช
Looks precarious for the eagle, but I think it knows what it's doing. Great capture, Lori! ๐
what a metaphor for America... bald eagle on a thin branch !
A deer was hit by a car just down the road from me. When I drove by the first time it was in tact and very pregnant. Yesterday when I drove by it has 1/2 devoured and about 1/2 dozen eagles were on it. Very very sad. This is nature though.