Bird of the Day, theme 'Woodland'
Today's #birdoftheday theme is #woodland. Here’s a young Tawny Owl just chilling near the nest. #RSPB #LeightonMoss #owl #nature #wildlife
Great shot Dave, fluffy owlet!
Awh! I picked this fledgling barred up out of the road this spring. Checked it for injury and returned it to its parents! 🧡
My hoot owl wakes me up every night.♥️
NOT AN OWL! . The tawny frogmouth (Podargus strigoides) is a species of frogmouth native to the Australian mainland and Tasmania and found throughout. It is a big-headed, stocky bird often mistaken for an owl due to its nocturnal habits and similar colouring. - Wikipedia.
Off to walk my big four legged fur ball, before he chews my shoe off. For the main theme, #Woodland; any bird in a forest setting. I’m going with a bird found in most woodlands here. You’ll never guess, yep a #Robin. 😂😂 #BirdOfTheDay #Ireland #photography #birds #ECK #ForJanet
Alan, that’s such a beautiful and sweet photo.
It’s probably best not to leave Sam waiting, Alan! 😁 Enjoy your walk! 🐕
Gorgeous capture Alan, love a juvenile Robin
Little beauty and lovely photo Alan✨️ enjoy your walk with Sam 🤗😘
Adorable…the perfect Christmas card pose.
Excellent close shot; love the detail, Alan.
Today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #Woodland; Alternative: #Yellow I'm going with a Goldfinch taken a few days ago. #birds #BirdsSeenIn2026 #Germany #wildlife #photography #nature #thelittlethings #ECK
Nice shot Rina, they’re a gorgeous bird
Beautiful bird, beautifully captured Rina. Fantastic shot. 😍😍😍😍
What a beauty and gorgeous photo Rina ❤️✨️
Rina, what an absolurely lovely shot! ...
That's a beautiful shot of a beautiful bird. I like the setting as well.
What a beauty! Great capture. 👍🏼
Red-shouldered hawk’s camouflage (Buteo lineatus) Flint pen strand trails Bonita Springs, Florida 7-6-26 #BirdOfTheDay theme is #Woodland: any bird in a forest setting. Alt. is #Yellow: on the bird or in the scene. #twofer #ColorADay #RedWed #red #eck #birds #birding #threeWordGenre #art #nature
Great shot Gray, great camouflage!
That’s amazing - I did actually have to look hard.
Visit Crew Flint Pen Strand whenever travels bring me to Florida. Its a wonderful place for wildlife sightings on the trails.
🤣🤣 I thought it was a tree engravement of a hawk for a split second, what a great position he is standing at, brilliant shot Grey 🤗💜
Always a fan of your work. In this instance we live with many of these, (near swamp, field, reservoir,) but they're always in a hurry, fly-by's in silhouette. Or invisible and opinionated. Nice to have the opportunity to admire this one at my leisure!
What an amazing shot, Gray. Love it!
🪶 Morning, Happy Wednesday Everyone! Today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #Woodland; any bird in a forest setting Alt. is #Yellow; on the bird or in the scene - Great Spotted Woodpecker on an Oak - European Goldfinch on a bench #birds #ECK #birdphotography #naturephotography #WoodpeckerWednesday
Good morning AB. Two beautiful captures to set the hare running for us to chase. Not that I am suggesting that I am anything like a greyhound in speed or shape and have no intention of devouring my prey but you get my drift. Rambling as per. 😂
Beautiful captures and themes AB 👍😊
Excellent shots and themes AB. Love that goldfinch. 👌🏼👌🏼
Happy Wednesday to you too, AB. Great pics 👌🏼
Lovely photos, AB! What an expression on that goldfinch.
Morning AB, what a wonderful themes and photos for this day 😊✨️
A male northern flicker searches for its next meal in the riparian woodland surrounding St. Vrain Creek at a nature area in Longmont, Colorado. #BirdOfTheDay #Woodland #bird #birdphotography #ECK #birds #photography #birdsofbluesky #BirdsSeenln2026 #nature #wildlife #wildlifephotography
The Northern Flicker is my favorite bird. 🪶🥰
In Gunnison last week I saw my first flicker! Must have been a female because it didn't have that red marking. I tried to get a picture, but she moved on before I could capture her image. They are lovely birds!
How do you sex the males from the females?
Great capture of a cool bird.
A burrowing owl spotting something in the distance. For the #birdoftheday theme of #yellow #birds #owl #burrowingowl #protectnature #EastCoastKin
This is wonderful, Amy. 👏
So darn cute, Amy 🥹🦉
Gorgeous shot, Amy. And I'm so jealous - I never got to see a Burrowing Owl when I lived in the US.
I just admire I am not the only person up at 2am....assuming you are also in the states. :) rarely see owls where I am at in general.