Bird of the Day, theme 'Kingfisher Quest'
A punk rock Belted Kingfisher for today’s #BirdOfTheDay alt theme #KingfisherQuest #birds #nature #wildlife #photography
He’s rocking it, Alex! Great shot. 💙
Absolutely stunning photo Alex... thanks for joining in on the theme!
Fantastic shot! That's an impressive mohawk!
He’s channeling Captain Christopher Pike!
We used to have one on our lake. We would sit and watch it fish every morning. They are wonderful little birds.
For today’s #BirdOfTheDay share your best shots of birds snacking on #NaturalSeeds straight from the plant, crop, or tree - no cheating with feeders please! ☺️ Here's a Goldfinch that was feeding on Knapweed seeds, a few still stuck to his beak! 💛 📷 🪶 Alt: #KingfisherQuest Any Kingfisher species! 🫶
A Goldfinch feeding on seeds from a meadow thistle
Great shot Helen. And great themes. Looking forward to seeing Alan’s Kingfisher!!!! 😉
Very nice Helen and, without wishing to carp, I'd point out that many of us everyday bird watchers do so in gardens. I shall probably sit it out today and instead enjoy the wonderful high-quality images that you birders post. I know. I should get out more. I will. Not everyone can. 😁
Amazing photo, Helen. The composition is marvelous.
Beautiful photograph Helen, happy Thursday to you, have a lovely day 🪶🌿☀️👋
Beautiful capture of a beautiful bird. Thanks for hosting, Helen!
Today's #BirdOfTheDay ALT theme is #KingfisherQuest, any of the species. These birds are tiny, and this one was VERY far away, across the lake. I'm amazed I got this half-decent shot of it. #birds #ECK #kingfishers
Love this. It's just my luck that I only seem to spot Belted Kingfishers sitting in trees too far away for a closeup.
That's a wonderful photo of the Belted Kingfisher especially if it was really far away.👏👍 They are beautiful birds aren't they... I think the belted Kingfishers are slightly larger than our European species ✨
He looks like he's built for speed.
Geez, man. Comb your hair...
Treasure them while you have them. All of our have or almost have gone extinct...
It’s a lovely photo fenraven 👏
A grey-headed kingfisher in Kenya. #BirdOfTheDay #KingFisherQuest 📷🌿🪶
I think this is my best local kingfisher so far. It doesn't seem that much further away and yet...it does.
What a great shot. The bird is so amazing; it looks like something dreamed up by a Pixar animation team.
A gorgeous shot, the beak is so distinctive, and your photographs are taken in some remarkable places.
Good morning, Helen’s #BirdOfTheDay, I’m going with birds snacking on #NaturalSeeds straight from the plant, crop, or tree - no cheating with feeders please! I so wanted to cheat with a Jay who “ randomly” found some seed that had fallen out of a pocket but no. 😂 #birds #photography #ECK
😂 Bravo for admitting to having been tempted! We have a feeding station close to a woodland near us!!! Beautiful capture.
😂we all know what birders are doing for the shot Alan😅 Gorgeous photo and moment so as always dear friend 🤗😘
That's a bird with a determined stare. Proper sweet though 😊
Beautiful capture of a lovely bird , Alan 😍😍 so good 👌👌
Admirable restraint, Alan. And nice shot.
Why would you cheat when you have a pic that lovely. Yes yes we're away of you Jay obsession. And you should know that they've lodged a complaint about it.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #NaturalSeeds. A male Eurasian Bullfinch chowing down on some fresh grass seeds in a hay field. #Cheshire #ECK #photography #birds #nature #wildlife #Kodachrome #1980s #ManualFocusPrimeLens
Great photo Dave. I’d love to see more Bullfinches around, but can’t remember the last time I saw one.
Fantastic shot as always Dave.
That's a lovely capture Dave 👍 I've been hearing quite a few bullfinches around home recently, they are beautiful birds
This was also supposed to be a #ThrowbackThursday post.
Proudly perched, a regal presence.. #Birdoftheday #kingfisherquest #birdphotography #melbourne #nature #photographersunited #photographersofbluesky #eck
Lovely bird Jen. I go to a place here, Oxford Island Nature Reserve. Bird watchers there sit patiently waiting for a sighting and they sometimes get annoyed because I’m at the water’s edge to see the sunset 😁 Lovely shot Jen 👌
Good evening dear Jen, that is a gorgeous kingfisher in this beautiful light 😍❤️
I just realised all us Orstralians could also just post Kookaburra pics and meet the theme... But, like you, I boringly played the game and posted a bird called a kingfisher. 🤪😁🤣
Look at that catchlight in the eye. Perfect!
A real beauty. Great photo, jen. 😍
It’s great to see another beautiful photo from you, Jen! Have a wonderful Thursday. 💙🕊️
Cranes of the Corn. For the #birdoftheday theme of #naturalseeds #birds #sandhillcrane #protectnature #EastCoastKin
Love this photo Amy! 👌 It is beautiful seeing the Cranes in the natural environment and it's wonderful that the grains are grown especially for the migrating birds! 😊
What a backdrop Amy. Wow!!!! Great shot.
"He wants you to Malacrane!"
What a lovely capture ! Well done Amy 👏
A field of birds. I really like this photo. Well done, Amy. 👌🫶
🤣We are heading into spooky season, so that seems appropriate!