Bird of the Day, theme 'Black&Red'
🪶 Rob has chosen #Black&Red as #BirdOfTheDay theme; any bird with black and red in its plumage Alternative is #LongBeaks, birds with long beaks I’ll go alternative with a Common Snipe in long grass on a sunny day #birdphotography #ECK #birds #birdsofbluesky #naturephotography #ColorADay #GreenSat
Great shot AB... I do adore Snipes! 🤎👍
Northern Flicker Woodpecker ( i think) hunting on my lawn
Good morning AB, what is this a lovely photo ✨️
<stares in "I just posted an I'iwi a black and and red bird with a long beak">
My spotty boy. #BirdOfTheDay #eck 📷🌿🪶
Lovely shot, and gave me two things I hadn't noticed with a Northern Flicker before - the forked tail, and the two red shaft feathers under the tail.
One of these guys yelled really loudly at me and our dog when we were coming home from our walk this afternoon.