PlayStation reboots Horizon Hunters Gathering after poor playtests
BREAKING: PlayStation is rebooting the online game Horizon Hunters Gathering after negative playtest feedback. New plan is smaller scope, more traditional co-op multiplayer, no more live service. Yet another entry in PlayStation's ongoing live-service struggles: www.bloomberg.com/news/article...
As I've reported in the past, almost all of Guerrilla Games has been working on Horizon Hunters Gathering for the last few years, and the next mainline single-player Horizon game is still far, far away.
Horizon as a live service was a terrible idea after all???
All I want is Horizon 3 and to close out the trilogy so we can move on
any exec getting fired ??? no .....time to fire some devs then
I don’t think the number of people who GENUINELY want live service games is as high as publishers believe it is. As soon as I hear the phrase, I check out in the same way I hear “freemium”. My time is too short to be chasing FOMO bullshit.
I see a few comments from people who feel just as confused as I was when I saw this reveal. I thought it was a new IP. Why didn't take the engine and make it more "monster hunter." That would have been just fine. Expand on the world and other (cooler) characters
Están colgaos y ese juego olía mierda de lejos.
You should subscribe to my live service where I come around to your house to eat your snacks and watch you play video games and sometimes comment on the video games and maybe occasionally curl up on the sofa and take a little nap.
Sony pushing live-service games instead of unique single-player experiences is one of their worst decisions that they could make in recent times.
Out of all the franchises, Horizon probably had the biggest potential for live service. I’m thinking Monster Hunter style and Sony recognising the game is going no where and pivoting is a positive. Unfortunately it’s the colossal amount of money and time wasted here that is most disappointing.
I still think Horizon's combat - both weapons and enemies - is a fantastic fit for co-op multiplayer, and I hope the team can find, build, and release something they're proud of.
I participated in the 1st playtest on PC, and yeah, it was absolutely boring as sin. My teammates and I were utterly confused at what we were doing, and finding the fun was non-existent. I'm glad that instead of outright cancellation, it's being scoped down and stripping out the live service crap.
Seven times the charm I suppose. All those peevious failed live services were definitely flukes
Sucks that the testing isn’t going well, but not being live service will likely make it a much better game. Certainly one that is easier to play decades from now.
I really hope they by "traditional co-op multiplayer" they mean split screen I had to let my kid down when she was excited for Splatoon Raiders and wanted to play it with me.
PlayStation is rebooting 'Horizon Hunters Gathering' into a co-op game instead of a live service game following negative player feedback. www.bloomberg.com/news/article...
That's what we call character growth Even if it's Sony
This game is getting canceled very quietly November 19th
So, the only live service thing that really released was Marathon and Concord, and we saw how that's going. Helldivers 2 is likely their most successful live thing and that's from a third party studio. That's an entire generation of first party studios' games lost to the live service quagmire.
i want this to be good because i love the franchise so much but oh god. i really don't see this ending well.
We've done this rodeo before
PlayStation and Guerrilla Games co-op spin-off Horizon Hunters Gathering is reportedly being overhauled after poor testing feedback, with plans to strip out the game's live service elements. www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playsta...
Horizon Hunters Gathering is reportedly being rebooted without its live service bits following negative playtest feedback www.eurogamer.net/horizon-hunt...
"So, what do you guys think of the game?" It's just another live service piece of garbage and we hate it! WE HATE LIVE SERVICE! "Oh, ok, we'll take that stuff out and try again." ...wait what? You're actually listening and solving the issue?...🥲 oh my God this is unheard of.
Nobody asked for this shit anyway