Legal loophole could let protected wild horses be sold and slaughtered
Trump, like all sadists, gets off on causing death and suffering. Horses are sacred beings. We must protect them.
As a woman who rides and works with horses, and believes in equine therapy, right now...... I am fucking furious
why don't we just use a nuclear weapon on ourselves! Climate change is destroying much of our country, the pedophile wants to drill in pristine national parks and the ocean. Now he wants to kill horses? WTF? America the beautiful my ass!
Just when I thought this administration couldn’t go any lower. This sadistic and evil act is just more proof of how immoral and depraved Trump, Republicans & their supporters are. Killing wild horses, selling them for meat and keeping it secret fits perfectly into their profile.
I just can’t . What a horrible human being.
What was it again that Trump said? Well, MAGA, now they're eating your wildlife. Courtesy of Trump. You didn't really think he ever gave a damn about your dogs or cats, did you? Or about you, for that matter. You could have voted for the smart woman. 🙄
Trump is an evil, rotten person.
#Blues 🙏 @bluestormcomin1.bsky.social Is there actually anything that Trump isn’t ruining? #Education, #history, #democracy, and #jobs; #people, #animals, #nature, #health, international (formerly good) #relations, the White House, entire #ecosystems, #landscapes, national #parks, ... 1/
Those mustangs are one of our precious natural resources.
Dieser widerliche Haufen orangefarbiger Exkremente.
This is pretty sick. Trump wants to slaughter 64,000 horses, calling them an "existential threat to public lands." And with all the hijinks in the food supply thanks to Captain Roadkill, I worry that horsemeat could end up mixed into hamburger patties like the 2013 European horsemeat scandal.
Every single thing he does is evil.
If there was ever a story that epitomised the needless savagery of the Trump administration, it’s this. Selling beautiful, wild mustangs - for meat. I could weep, & I’m not even a horse person. Whatever reckoning awaits Trump, it’s not enough.
WTF... those bastards do know boundaries!
Sunka Wakan…. Have no words for what I’m feeling. Also they rounded up by helicopter YOUR federal govt did not just now but been doing this and terrorizing these sacred beings. I belong to the horse nation. This is literally like murdering a human being.
This an atrocious the wild horse is part of pur American heritage
The B.L.M. tells the public that slaughter is off the table for #wildhorses, but they’re doing it in plain sight by using a third party. There are simple steps they could take to end this, but they are turning a blind eye. Important article by Dave Philipps. nyti.ms/3TX5b8N
STOP THE SLAUGHTER NOW! BLM JUST WANT TO LEASE LAND TO CATTLE OWNERS
Do happy to see Skydog on Blue Sky! I was just about to share a FB link about the great work you do.
Clare et al (Skydog) been posting re you on this with links to site and SAFE ACT page. (Also noting that it's been going on for quite a while even before + through prior Admin, tho' this one is worse bc they're trying to empty land faster for drilling+ranchers - long time Skydog family member Marty
Noooo! I saw wild horses in the Theodore Roosevelt National Park in ND and they were glorious. There is no reason to kill them except severe cruelty.
BLM is LYING!!!!! Just like every other federal office under this administration. Shameful!
Contact your elected congress persons, now
One day a few years ago, we grabbed our cameras & went on a roadtrip to find & photograph wild mustangs. We found a herd on hardscrabble roads east of the Sierra Nevada. (in a sedan! yes, it survived. 🤣 Gorgeous. Powerful. And etched in my memory forever. Nothing like it, damn this wretched regime.
There is nothing good we won’t exploit, monetize, degrade, destroy or shove aside in some other deleterious fashion.
Every day, something gets my blood boiling.🤬 Thanks to Trump, thousands of wild horses have been rounded up with helicopters, packed into metal trailers, trucked hundreds of miles, and sold off to be slaughtered. And they're lying about it. Karma's running late. www.rawstory.com/wild-horses/
This was written in Project 2025. They told us they'd cull the horses and people voted for it, and now they're murdering the horses, just like MAGA asked for.
Support Skydog sanctuary. They rescue and free horses on their multiple acre reserve. Two locations, California and Oregon. They also advocate for wild horses and burros, and haven doing so for 20 years. Find them in IG.
Killing wild animals to make room for mines, logging and Donnie’s stupid wall - we’ve seen this stupidity before . . .
Right? I too posted this when I saw it! This entire administration is literally irredeemable! They are the ones who should be slaughtered! Metaphorically speaking of course..😉
They did this back in the 80’s with Nevada’s wild mustangs. Then they went after the wild burro. The ranchers don’t want to compete with wild animals to feed their herds for free on government land.
This is so sad in so many fucking ways. This Administration throughly sucks.
I thought he couldn't piss me off any more than he already has. I was wrong. 🤬 They kill horses, don't they? 😢
I read this earlier and I am furious too. I don't understand why they would want to do this, but I don't want to understand it, because they are evil people. Not hyperbole, and not said rhetorically or lightly. They are evil. This one thing they're doing is evil, and so is everything else they do
Fuck tRump and his backpack of sycophants!!!
🐎 Federal law bans slaughtering wild horses. So the Trump administration has created an "adoption program" — selling the horses for $25 to buyers who ship them abroad to be slaughtered.
Trump hates dogs which is well known but the feeling is mutual dogs also hate Trump. Having said that we know that if you don't love dogs you sure the hell don't love cats And I did not know that Trump didn't like horses but that's obvious now Having said all that keep your dogs close THEY R NEXT
Taylor Sheridan should say something about this.
It's been going on for decades!
Under Trump, Protected Wild Horses Are Going to Slaughter www.nytimes.com/2026/08/20/u...
There’s not one thing this filthy regime is doing that’s not disgusting as hell. www.humaneworld.org/en/blog/pres...
This has long been an issue here in AZ. The people who want this are inhumane disgusting people
💔😔 the most precious and innocent suffer the most from this evil administration!
The most cruel, vile people on the planet
It will be over soon. November can't come soon enough!
These people are fucking monsters, the wild horses were protected
If there really is a devil, it’s him.
Horrifying details. "Slaughtering wild horses is illegal, but the bureau’s actions create a loophole that enables people to get mustangs on the cheap and then quickly resell them to be exported alive, processed into cuts of meat and sold abroad." #horses #wildhorses #animalwelfare #animalrights
www.nytimes.com/2026/08/20/u... Not a single man, woman, child or pet is safe in trump's America. trump will cut every tree, kill every animal, strip every field and build roads everywhere because there is a few bucks in it. .
Sure hope you guys are vegan!
I’m crying! I hope Trump gets kicked in the ass by a mad horse! This infuriates me!
The Horse Heaven Hills used to hold annual auctions. My friend had a Mustang her dad bought her then (1960s) to control the herd size and genetics. I don't see that they hold them anymore. He was a beautiful buckskin with dark points/mane and tail.
When they cut him open in the end, they will find he is only made out of money. No brain, no eyes, no heart. 100% lucre molded into the autonomic shape of a person.
Again, let's have that catastrophic heart attack out on the back nine, project 2025 weasels running for cover without a pardon and a complete reversal of all the evil he and his crew have been able to pull off. I think the left is united in demanding consequences for all of this.
You might think even an authoritarian regime would protect its people, their children, the land and animals that sustain its imagined empire. Apparently not. This is extractive authoritarianism: cut the trees, strip the land, sell the horses. Nothing is sacred. Everything is inventory.
There has been an extermination of our so called 'Protected' wild horses from #PublicLands, it's not a new thing, it's been going on for well over a decade- NO ONE IN GOVT LISTENS OR STOPS IT. Look at the date of this youtube video They have no voice and not enough speaking out to #SaveWildHorses
REPORT ON THIS PLEASE. @ms.now @weeknightmsnow.bsky.social @maddow.bsky.social @lastwordmsnow.bsky.social @eugenedaniels2.bsky.social @michaelsteele.bsky.social @nicollewallace.bsky.social @deadlinewh.bsky.social And don't do it without using the word "sadistic". 👇 🤬
The Trump administration is reportedly selling wild horses for cheap to be shipped to slaughter. The sale of wild horses through a Bureau of Land Management loophole has skyrocketed to 3,700 in 2025.
Horrible, horrible man. He is sick and damned.
Trump is an evil, rotten person.
And why? Just bc they enjoy killing living things. They’re bloodthirsty monsters.
It's a smash and grab
He will make money ANY WAY HE CAN Be mindful people. Next, he will sell babies from "care" His soul is BLACK
So *that’s* what’s in those special McDonalds burgers he eats. No wonder his doctors say he’s in such great shape.
Remember when they pretended to care about a squirrel?
How I imagine the future reactions, replies, & quotes:
this is not something a serious sci-fi villain would do. this is like a futurama villain type headline
Losing the crucial horse girl vote
They Shoot Horses En Masse Don’t They?
Wonder what other stories hit their lowest point once horse death got introduced
May he be repeatedly trampled in hell by wild horses and feel every hoof for infinity and beyond.
Trump is rounding up 1000s of wild horses on public lands and selling then for slaughter. Why?? How’s this helping the economy or making our lives better? It’s downright evil and cruel and illegal.
Wild horses in North Carolina. I hope they stay safe.
It was in every Trump budget proposal and was rejected. Except this year, I heard nothing about it being in the budget proposal. I guess they decided to do it and not ask permission.
Is there anyone, any group, anything that can bring this whole fucked situation to its conclusion? NOW!!! It’s enough already.
The Bureau of Land Management is supposed to protect our nation's wild horses. Instead, a reported legal loophole has allowed them to be sold without long-standing restrictions preventing them from being rounded up and sent to slaughterhouses. 🤬 #SheShed 🎁🔗 www.nytimes.com/2026/08/20/u...
I see this almost weekly on a site I follow that is a horse rescue. This is abhorrent!
Rage inducing. I know rescues are overwhelmed in trying to save them…we don’t deserve this earth.
These people are sick fucks just waiting like predators for the slightest loophole to commit heinous acts 🤬 WTAF is wrong with some of our species I can’t believe how sick 🤢 people are and others look away ☹️
Is there anyone or anything on the planet that fucker trump doesn't hate? I am sick to death of him. Invoke the 26th for the 47th. Natalie needs to find another job. 🤨
The Trump regime is rounding up and slaughtering wild horses in large numbers all across the American West. It's an extinction level event.
Thank you for highlighting this investigation. The public needs to know how the BLM operates now. And you can follow @skydogsanctuary.bsky.social (mentioned in the article) here on Bluesky. They're celebrating their 10th anniversary this week.
If it doesn't make them money, their solution is to either starve it, deport it, or kill it.
I wish all the people who voted for this and who are still supporting him, the most painful lives. Fuck them. Sideways. May they pay dearly.
This is the pattern we keep seeing — surface numbers look fine but the underlying dynamics tell a different story. The gap between headline data and lived experience is wider than it's been in decades, and that gap is itself becoming a political force.
NYT report finds that BLM is selling thousands of wild horses to buyers that send them to slaughter plants. The admin is using a legal loophole that strips mustangs of protections www.nytimes.com/2026/08/20/u...
I beg people to spell out organization names and not rely on initials.
#Trump s Junta gibt #Mustangs zum Abschuss frei
🎵 Who's going to kill your wild horses?🎵
It's pretty clear Trump absolutely hates any nature that is a not a manicured golf course, preferably one he owns.
people will not want to hear this, but when i briefly worked for DoI (as a contractor) in ~2003, the Wild Horse and Burro organization was internally referred to as Dead Horse and Dogfood