The Cure play Wythenshawe Park, 27-song set
The Cure - Wythenshawe Park, Manchester Was just like seeing them at Glastonbury Festival in 2019 - amongst a load of chatty types until they played the hits! Unless I needed to be near the front Wythenshawe Park is a pain in the arse to get to! Will need to revise travel plans for Pulp next week…
I was there too. Spectacular sunset at the start. So glad I got to see them and that it didn't rain as forecast. What a brilliant band!
That is a very fair summation of my evening also Richard. Great band, babbleheads and a drag to find a way home!
Loads around me were chatting loudly, taking selfies, saying it was one ticked off the bucket list etc Really annoying! But they still didn’t spoil my night, because The Cure were magnificent! Agree about getting there. Nightmare!
They are a magnificent live band but I’ve had similar experiences. At the Troxy album launch show, a group behind me talked all through the new songs (which was the point of the f**kin show) and only shut up for the hits at the end. They took lots of selfies though.
I hope you enjoyed it and I'm glad it didn't rain 🤗
Do they still end on Killing an Arab?
Peak summer 2026 FOMO re The Cure gig, but at almost 50 I am realising that day long outdoor festivals are becoming increasingly a rare event for me.
I’m going tomorrow and let me tell you at 39 and chronically ill I may never recover from this summer
I know someone who lives near one of the UK festivals and camps at it, but nips home every morning for the jacks and a hot shower. That's optimum IMO
They’re not easy anymore that’s for sure. And of course we won’t tell the world about the queues, back aches, sore feet, etc. But with this lineup, and the knowledge that there can’t be many more years of the Cure, it’s a must see.
Reading used to be good back in the day because you could just nip off to go swimming (hot shower). The pictures (kip in a dark room) or go to the pub!
Same mate, same. Even had the tickets.
You could’ve joined me & Edna to see them in Cardiff. Started at 6. Home by midnight (earlier if you’d got a lift back with Mrs Safe) I appreciate I’m biased since they’re just under 3 miles from my front door but the Cardiff Blackweir events are great. Theyre like the Hyde park BST events but