Yayoi Kusama, polka-dot artist, dies at 97
the extent to which many, many people with a deep interest in yayoi kusama are only now finding out about her racism really speaks to an institution's ability to protect the people it deems worthy of protecting. the mind reels.
i don't think anyone should feel bad or embarrassed about not knowing--i think all that energy needs to go toward interrogating the systems that are highly skilled at rock tumbling people's brains into ignoring and excusing inhumane behavior, usually for some of the least interesting reasons.
I had no idea, and have seen her art at multiple major museums AND seen her promoted well
I learned about it today
I was stood in a Yayoi Kusama infinity room on Tuesday - recalling a Rocky Horror event in Herne Bay on Monday and listening to Dolly Parton on Sunday - I may try to maintain silence for a while
It might be time to read The Art of The Deal...
Please watch multiple reruns of The Apprentice". Please!!
Have you considered ruminating on Washington DC or Moscow at all?
No, no - please think of Donald Trump.
Think a trip to NYC to visit a certain tower is in order there.
I understand. I have been connecting quite a bit with Tibet, Nepal, and the Himalayas lately and now I feel responsible. 💔 I know it's not true, but can't help but make those connections at times. Perhaps it is simply that good humans often connect with other good humans. 💗