Education Department rescinds Biden-era Title IX LGBTQ interpretation
The entire motto of this administration towards LGBTQ youth is "fuck them kids." thehill.com/homenews/edu...
It's important to remember this is part of a larger strategy to restrict all girls by discouraging competition sports and encouraging activities like cheerleading and other activities that encourage a more biblical gender role
Their motto towards children in general is "fuck the kids. Literally".
Should be reminded to everyone that Linda McMahon and her husband groomed and raped ring boys in the WWE for decades. It should be reminded every single day.
was there ever one single biden admin enforcement action ever anyway? i'm pretty sure there was not and they barely bothered even getting it out
Lizard Eyes Liz is a vile person who has a long history associated with abuse of children
Dr Evil Amy Acton, Mary Peltola, Josh Turek, Rob Sand, Sarah Trone Garriott and many more transphobic democrats approve. All transphobe Democrats must lose!
I'm so fuckin tired man
as usual the focus is on sports but as someone working in higher ed, my more immediate concern is "how is this going to impact harassment protections for a particularly vulnerable subset of the population"
exhausted and angry in equal part
Your regular reminder that Linda McMahon was president/CEO of WWE while covering up allegations of child abuse, then later while there were multiple allegations of sexual harassment and abuse of women.
I hope the transphobic queers see this and understand the cost of their betrayal. Selling out your comrades rarely ends well.
Reminder Linda McMahon allegedly covered up a sex scandal where a WWF executive was sexually abusing ring boys
This is what they've done.
Queer people: "We NEED our protections encoded." Democrats: "Nah, it's right there on the paper!" Today:
This apparatus will need to be dismantled and the orders overturned and I fear neither will ever happen
If you're an "LGB w/o the T", I am not a safe space for you. I'm not trans. I can't pretend to know that experience. But I am gay and WELL old enough to remember people speaking to me with bone-deep assurance that they were better stewards of my personal agency than I am. THAT? That, I do know.
Trump rescinded prior guidance on Title IX during his first year in office, then put out a new regulation that experts warned would retraumatize survivors and offer perpetrators impunity. It literally had provisions designed to allow confessed perpetrators to get away with rape.
🧵 This is what I remember about that time period. This NYT article: www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/u.... I remember it viscerally because if you CTRL+F for "Mock," you'll find a sympathetic, short bit on what happened to C.D. Mock's son.
This is what they've done.
The Education Department announced Monday it has formally rescinded the Biden-era Title IX interpretation that gave sex-based discrimination protections to students on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. thehill.com/homenews/edu...
Now there’s a fine one!
I can't wait for this woman to come out as gay. Cause you know....
the lady who made a fortune paying men to hit each other over the head with chairs and slam each other onto folding tables will run our nation’s education programs, thank you very much.