Ace Combat 8: Wings of Theve earns praise, players report some crashes
gamingOct 1, 202625258
Starfire’s Deranged Neocon Foreign Policy Podcast
@irhottakes.bsky.social
I think Ace Combat 8 is going to be a divisive game because it’s darker and more intense than any previous entry but in doing so makes the bold choice to be genuinely unpleasant at times. This makes it more successful in sending a “war is bad” message, but it *is* unpleasant when it choses to be.
563h ago
Like, I’m pretty sure they hired the guy in charge of auditory torture at Guantanamo Bay as a consultant for a couple of missions.
I genuinely can’t wait until we get to the electrosphere era of the timeline properly. they’ve got the juice give us the exquisite agony a deeply nihilistic, purely capitalistic pointless war.
I will say I’m looking at the SteamDB charts for AC7 and 8 and, at least from a sales perspective, 8 is absolutely mogging 7