Paramount and Warner Bros to merge under the name Skydance
Expect projects like this to become rare. WB and Paramount are being folded into Skydance. Evidence of their unique corporate identities will get scrubbed, as when Disney took over Fox. And the recent execs who were barely interested in history are being replaced with people who have zero interest.
I’m just hoping this release actually goes through and hits physical media where they can’t take it away and vault it again.
I'd say there is a 17% chance incoming leadership is aware this movie exists. They wasted like half a decade on various do-overs of Terminator 3 until Tom Cruise decided to gift them their only genuine mega-hit. There is no precedent for taste or even savvy IP-management here.
Execs behind the upcoming merged Warner Bros/Paramount company are already moving to make ‘BARBIE 2’ happen with Greta Gerwig & Margot Robbie. (Source: variety.com/2026/film/ne...)
Looking forward to her finally controlling the railways and the flow of commerce.
I felt like the ending was so satisfying, it didn’t really need a sequel.
It’ll be harder for Barbie to beat the Fascism allegations this time around.
Uhhh that deal was well in place before any of this but sure
No. Flat out NO! This movie does not need a part 2.
I think the first one kind of loses its meaning if it is given a sequel....I think maybe doing live-action barbie movies based on the animated stories would be fun though!
Greta & Margot should agree to do the movie only if all of the Ellisons and Zaslavs and Gavin Newsom are all put on a space shuttle and launched into the sun.
Sequels, spin-offs, reboots, remakes: These are the main things to expect from Daddy's Boy Studios going forward.
Didn't she leave Barbieland or whatever
There's one pre-1970 film clip in the sizzle reel for the new parent company of Warner Bros. and Paramount, two century-old film studios. And 60 logos, but no TCM... www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EG... #FilmSky
David Zaslav is expected to exit ‘Skydance,’ the combined Warner Bros. Discovery–Paramount company. He stands to receive over $550 million in stock and cash when the deal closes, including $34.2 million in cash severance.
This guy deserves to burn in hell.
This is a disaster that will even put Animation titles at risk of Cancellation and worst eventually outsourced from the company, aka become Lost Media, unless @netflix.com can pull it off to obtain those shows at that point.
YES! One good thing we're getting out of this.
The smallest of silver linings I suppose
The human embodiment of private equity.
What many people don’t get is this, and only this, was his entire job. It had nothing to do with art, film releases, schedules or creativity—even by accident. His job was stock goes up and acquisition. That’s it. In fact, that’s almost all CEOs now. The art is just an embarrassing side-effect.
Imagine getting paid $550 million for destroying the most iconic movie studio of all time.
I hope someone hacks his bank accounts and gives that money to homeless shelters or food banks. His greedy sellout ass doesn't deserve it.
May the memory of that man's name and his actions live... in INFAMY! I do not wish anything positive for him. Not even luck with his ill-gotten gains. If I had his money, I would donate to homeless shelters and food banks.
I've never seen an exec just flat-out diliberately destroy his own company and sell it for scrap before.
business decision so bad even the king of bad business decisions is like "yeah no thanks" lmao
I'm afraid to watch anything owned by 'Skydance' now, because the executives behind this new... whatever it is, are massive supporters of the IDF. Like, if I watch any of the Paramount Sonic films, I'll be funding genocide. I can't enjoy my interests in peace anymore, I don't know what I should do.
I know what you should do. If you own it on physical media, use that. If not,
There is no ethical consumption under Capitalism. This is the Gospel According to Devo: "Choose your mutations."
It's frustrating, however I'm okay filling my time with something else. This is a pretty good argument for books, and I'm supposed to be a film fan. It was easier when I was young and never saw behind the Hollywood curtain.