Jim Bakker, PTL Club televangelist, dies at 86
Jim Bakker, who, along with his then-wife Tammy Faye, built an evangelical empire around the hugely successful TV show “The PTL Club,” only to lose it all over a sex scandal and financial crimes, has died.
I honestly thought he died years ago.
The OG fake Christian. If there is a Hell, he’s a shoo-in.
I thought he was dead long ago.
My then-wife and I got stoned in Boca Raton while we were on vacation one night, probably in 1980, and were horrified at our first sight of Tammy Faye and Jim on cable tv We laughed our asses off..it was like a skit on SCTV
Wow. An evangelist in a sex scandal.
American evangelicalism is a con job disguised as a religion. Jesus is just a prop.
He was still alive? Huh.
Wow. So it is possible to write clear headlines
Hastert, Bakker...maybe it will happen tomorrow.
I can't bring myself to celebrate death but this will be as close as I get. He was the first real "Christian" fraud to be exposed. He got sentenced to 45 years in prison but somehow got out after 4 then went right back to being a fraud. He was such scum, the FDA of *TRUMP* told him to knock it off.
I don't believe in Hell but its population just increased by one today
Hastert and Bakker are a hell of a 1-2 punch of just truly horrendous people...
Aw, that's a wee shame... A shame that hell doesn't exist for this cunt to be tortured forever
They were MAGA before MAGA.
HALLELUJAH, CAN I GET AN AMEN?