David Ellison denies politicizing Skydance amid Trump links
David Ellison upon realising that combining paramount and hbo streaming platforms will cannibalise revenue streams:
I remain confident that the Harry Potter series will be cancelled because when you need to find 6 billion in savings, one property with costs of over a billion is a tasty treat
How is that going to work with the Disney-HBO deal
I hope it all becomes financially insolvent and blows up in their face
Skydance co-CEO David Ellison says that his newly formed company will be in “the business of rebuilding trust” after merging two legacy studios together. “The best I can say to our detractors is: ‘Give us time, and we’ll prove it.’”
All their goodwill was burned away when they decided to buy Warner bros, Let the debt sink them to oblivion.
This is a short-lived merger. Stop the merger, investigate the merger! Hollywood is not playground with Billionaire Oligarchs.
Please put those shows back on HBO Max.
It's a noble goal, and will take a lot of work to prove; but I have little confidence in any executive versed in the Chicago traditions.
Fuck this MAGAt piece of shit from now until the end of time
Oh, time? Sure I can give them time. I thought they were asking for me to give them a DIME! They're not getting any more of my money.
This is literally the same shit your toxic ex will say after doing the shittiest thing imaginable and you've moved WAY on
Oh shut the fuck up, you failed actor. We all know you want to please daddy heil Trump, asshole.
Ted Knight: MEANWHILE AT THE LEGION OF DOOM!
“The best I can say to our detractors is: ‘Give us time, and we’ll prove it’” he says... Because even his own eyebrows don't trust him!
That's something Zaslav would pull out of his playbook when he took over WB...You're just an echo chamber at this point but you're just evil w/o eyebrows.
I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the industry fucking hates you David.
"Give us time, and we'll prove it" No.
Let it crash and burn
Prove it by not laying off thousands of people
In this case. Building trusts of any kind of a bad thing.
To me, the most notable answer David Ellison gave during Q-&-A was to @passantino.bsky.social, who asked whether he politicized the company over the last year. Ellison said: "We were in a transaction review process, but with that said, we are now turning the page." www.nytimes.com/2026/10/06/b...
Watch what they do. Not what they say.
It was a bad deal for the industry entirely apart from politics
Wow, am I glad I got out of that place when I did...
So - yes. You will compromise your values to make your profit. Will it happen again? Of course.