Skip to content

New York Comic Con 2026, Marvel teases 'Zodiac' spy series

comicsOct 9, 202623182

At New York Comic Con 2026 Marvel Television announced Zodiac, a live-action spy thriller coming to Disney+ in 2028. Marvel debuted the series logo, which hides a S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem in the letter A and a zodiac wheel with three missing segments in the O, prompting links to Jonathan Hickman's Secret Warriors and the comics' Great Wheel. The missing segments were noted as aligning with characters such as Scorpio and Aries, suggesting the show may examine fractured or secret spy organizations within Marvel lore. Coverage flagged a tonal mismatch between the series' spy-thriller description and the Zodiac cartel's traditional supervillain history in the comics. The logo's S.H.I.E.L.D. imagery also reopened questions about S.H.I.E.L.D.'s status in the MCU after S.W.O.R.D.'s introduction; some observers have speculated about possible returns of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. characters, though Marvel has not confirmed cast or plot details. Senator Ted Cruz posted a social media comment referencing a longstanding meme linking him to the Zodiac Killer, with outlets noting the show is fictional and unrelated to the real-life crimes.

2 sources