Star Trek: Strange New Worlds airs all‑puppet episode
You people are trying to talk to me about politics while I’m trying to be angry about that Star Trek episode
That’s what happens when you try to appeal to the masses instead of letting the writers in the smoke-filled back rooms create what they think is best.
Oh to have such Tribbles.
It *might* have worked as a TNG Q episode, because Q is both capable of doing what was depicted, and would have enjoyed messing with Picard.
It was worse when Star Trek made sci-fi puppets real humans. (and by Star Trek, I mean just Jonathan Frakes)
It's nice that we can all take time and be mad about other things besides politics.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
oh I guess the nerds didn't like the muppet Strange New Worlds episode because Star Trek can never be goofy, uh huh, yes right, got it
I didn't even touch any of the goofball holodeck shit from Next Generation
Spock absolutely losing his shit was very enjoyable too - Ethan Peck is doing a great job.
The final episode of Webster was an actual crossover with Star Trek TNG where a security officer almost kills Webster.
Baby Clint Howard saying "It's Tranya!" in a voice that sounded like a grown-ass man trying to sound like a baby is not goofy. It is sublime.
They brought Mark Twain—actual mark Twain not a holodeck Mark Twain—onto the Enterprise!
dude's whole career was three roles: villainous redneck shit kicker, villainous general, space hippie
I know the neck-beards are going to be raging about it but I loved the last episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. It was The Muppet Show hosted by Spock, what's not to love 🤩
I like the Explaining in the End. I love this Episode.
I seen it in the season trailer and I have to admit, my heart kind of sank, my first thought was, "That's just a teaser, they won't do it", but then they did. They need to make more like it. Did you see the size of the hair on Captain Pike though, it looked almost more glorious than before! 🤣
It was worth it for Pelia alone!
I loved this episode... couldn't stop laughing!
Nothin' new under the sun.. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile_T...
Wish we had seen a Spock puppet though.
A couple of extra shots of the Orion Interceptor from S04Ep05. Enjoy 🖖 #StarTrek #StrangeNewWorlds
The episode wasn’t really my cup of tea, but this ship is gorgeous.
Outstanding work. Hope we see it more.
I adore it, it's beautiful. The 6 torpedo launchers is absolutely Orion. I can see the engineer in the design-room lamenting the fact they can't source any launchers that are automatically loaded; shouting "fck it!" and just adding an extra four launchers.
Does it have a bow built for ramming? Of course it has a bow built for ramming.
I love the details of the wings as they curve and attach to the primary hull. I love the forward “beak” and the two, I assume, impulse engines emerging vertically at the back.
The puppet episode may have it's controversies, but I think we can all agree this ship is absolutely gorgeous. I may be biased about the overall lines though.
Friends: there is room enough in Star Trek for episodes about Muppets, a film noir planet, the crew busting into a Broadway musical, salamanders and ghost-fucking. We don't ever have to agree on the writing or story details, but I assure you - chaos and absurdity have been part of Trek since day 1.🖖🏿
Nah, we need realistic stuff like someone stealing Spock's brain or space hippies. ya reach?
Star trek is a place for serious topics like puppets and genetic determinism and I’m tired of pretending wise
Agreed completely. I have no issue with premise, only ever execution.
As you know, I haven’t seen one episode this season. I’m going to binge it at some point while wearing my pirate hat. SNW is mostly comedy now apparently, the thing is it didn’t start out that way. Old-fashioned Trek social commentary is needed now more than ever.
I liked this puppet episode. It has its issues, but I enjoyed it. So far I'm liking this season more than the last one. Even with a slow start for me.
Classic Trek had over 25 episodes each season and threw in a gimmick episode maybe once per season. NuTrek has only 8 episodes per season
Jim Henson’s Creature Shop's puppet cast of "Level Five Transporter Accident", STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS (2026)
I think it's a real shame that only Pelia has any real Muppets energy to her. Maybe Scotty as well. The rest just look... Generic? I'd have rather they all tried to fit the characters vibes rather than looking like the actors. Personal opinion, but there it is
Somebody make plushies of them, please!
I prefer more social conscious STAR TREK, but maybe what we need more is a TREK that’s fun and silly in a time when nothing else around us is.
This is so real. Joy is subversive!
let the old stars (trek and wars) die and let new ones be born. We need new stories.
This was just one reason why SNW/LD crossover was fantastic!
I haven't watched the new SNW episode yet. What I really want to know is if it's as good as Angel's Smile Time. Muppetry is a tough genre to be good at in a drama setting. Smile Time combined Muppets and horror surprisingly well.
So let me get this straight a #StarTrek crew has been turned into space salamanders,caveman,spider mutants,children,cyborgs, merry men,a dog,had their brain removed and was perfectly fine, a sing along episode but you somehow draw the line at Muppets?
It ain't even the first time it has happened man , you don't know how regular this occurrence is in the future #StarTrek
They should not have turned the crew into salamanders, cave men, spiders, children, merry men, or a dog either! And Spock's Brain was a great episode! "Brain and brain! What is brain??"
Today's newsletter is about my general frustrations with the character Strange New Worlds has found itself paradoxically laser-focused on and yet has nothing particularly great or insightful to say about: Spock.
DID YOU KNOW THAT SPOCK LIKES GIRLS WE NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HE HAS RELATIONSHIPS WITH GIRLS NOT BOYS LIKE KIRK AAAAAHHHHH
the man is fucking his way through the entire bridge crew at this point btw i support spock/t'pring in this incarnation (tos t'pring is straight-up evil) & would love to see them back together (even though obviously kirk/spock would be ultimate. literally the only good part of human best friend)