The Duskbloods network test goes live; Miyazaki says Switch 2 was the 'right partner'
in the duskbloods network test. straight up “zorking it”. and by “it” haha, well. let’s justr say. My PvPvE.
I tried to Google for the correct wording and I think the AI is building a profile for me I don’t want.
I was trying to think of the funniest way to end it and this is it
Its not open yet! Are you just kidding around or are you in some special super secret double probation press server? I need to know how jealous I should be.
here's my Duskbloods interview with Miyazaki, we covered: - TTRPGs + his pile of ideas - bridging skill gaps - storytelling in multiplayer - the Nintendo partnership - how he isn't *great* at action games but made what he wants to play - still making single-player games www.ign.com/articles/hid...
Fantastic interview! l love that you were able to pull the TTRPG and board game inspirations. I think those parts are what will make this game special. The asymmetry at play is very intriguing. Can't wait to try it at launch, whenever that is.
Question: What were the lunch bentos at FromSoft like
Great interview; thank you for asking a bunch of questions that were on my mind!
Making a game that you’d want to play yourself is how we’ve gotten some of the best RPGs, so it’s nice to see Miyazaki feels that too.
FROM all the (largely positive) Duskbloods previews I've seen I think this one is a rare gameplay swing & miss FROM FROM. all of the interesting elements are surrounded by a mist of "WHY CAN I NOT PLAY THIS SOLO?". my hope is that it's the "for them" game, and the next Miyazaki is a "for us" one.
I've also rewatched this Vaati preview a few times. i adore his videos, but it weirdly made me think of why games journalism has editorial standards. this feels like something you'd charge for. tough critique for a lore channel, but ultimately, he has influence. www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2X...
I don’t have interest in Duskbloods just like I didn’t with Nightreign; I don’t like multiplayer games. But, something I do like is studios taking chances rather than being safe. Both those games seem like bad business decisions to me. So I think it’s great From has decided to make them regardless.
I just started playing Elden Ring. Everyone is telling me to call for help and I haven't yet because it's weird to me that I'd have to do that to get through the game?
The frustrating part of it for me is that it's ABSOLUTELY a 'for me' game in terms of aesthetics and vibes, but it's once again the time-crunch that pushed me away from Nightreign and PvP on top of that. A damn shame, but I hope the folks that love it have a good time and we get good Zork fanart.
You basically play it solo. Yes, you can help others or co-op to an extent, but Duskbloods is ultimately Fate/stay night where you are probably better off just betraying people to get to the Holy Grail. What makes me really curious is the way you can shape your day to reach enough virtue.
I always considered fromsoft games to be complete when they are single and multiplayer both, Nightreign is at least fully available offline