Humanoid robot runs 100m faster than Usain Bolt's human record
saw a reddit post that was like "a humanoid robot beat usain bolt's 100m dash record" and it's like ??? oh wow man a fuckin machine did a physical feat better than a person oooooo woooow fuck off i don't care
did u know, cars beat usain bolt's record, every single day
calculator beats man doing math by hand, alert the presses
holy shit a car is faster than a person, have you heard this? is anyone talking about this??
but they'll never invent a machine that can lift more than a man! I guarantee!
Pretty sure my Honda Fit could beat Usain Bolt’s record too
I bet you could totally smash that record in a car too
an underrated reason that the tech oligarchs are so invested in the humanoid robot space is that they have sick fantasies about having apocalypse bunkers with harems of women but can't solve the "bane problem" www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_B...
for a while they would float elaborate schemes with BATTLE ROYALE-style exploding collars but the armed humanoid robot thing is a much more straightforward solution for their sick desires to enslave human beings without risking being overthrown by jocks.
Not your point but man rises was so much weaker than TDK but this “do you feel in charge” scene was such an extremely good moment
I did like how UNDER THE SILVER LAKE implied that the billionaires with their harems and bunkers would just starve and go insane and die while trapped there.
Always thinking of the Rushkoff bit about "How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?" (I should read the book he spun out of this) onezero.medium.com/survival-of-...
I have extremely mixed feelings about this movie and this is the one moment i keep coming back to and saying "yeah that fuckin ruled"
The human race needs to have a very strong, collective immune response to attempts to robotic policing and crowd control or I fear our species may be in for a very, very grim future.
BREAKING: A humanoid robot developed by China’s Beijing Innovation Center of Humanoid Robotics ran 100 meters in 9.39 seconds, beating the human world record held by Jamaican sprinting great Usain Bolt, per Reuters
My car can go faster than that
A human on a bike can go faster than that and doesn’t need a motor or a computer
Couldn’t step up on the podium though.
It didn't beat Bolt's record because Bolt's is for the fastest human. It didn't even beat the 100-metre speed record for a machine: WHICH IT IS.
looks like they're coming for the athlete's jobs too.
Surely this is just so they can bring me my beer really fast 👍
I believe machines built by BMW, Porsche, and even Kia are faster than Usain Bolt too
Eine Maschine ist schneller als ein Mensch, waow.
I would like to make the word "humanoid" illegal.
So do my cats and they don’t spark..usually
Calculator performs math calculations faster than human.
Then it ran straight into a brick wall and caught fire.
Can I get grifter money if I come out as anti clankers in sports?
This is what those losers who started The Enhanced Games thought would happen.
For those unaware, the World Humanoid Robot Games is currently ongoing in Beijing where over 2,000 robots are competing across 51 events. It’s basically a way to benchmark / stress test current performance levels.
I still don’t get why a Tennis robot wouldn’t just be on wheels / a moving platform or something, but this is still technically impressive given where humanoid robots were just two years ago.
I was not ready for that thing to jump that high
So it's kind of like the Le Mans of Robotics?
Incredible!! They are almost reaching Super Mario jumps levels
I don't get why this matters? Humans make loads of things that move faster than humans. www.theguardian.com/sport/2026/a...
Exactly what I thought when I heard this. It was presented on BBC as robot “breaks Bolt’s world record”. But surely the world record only applies to humans, so it hasn’t.
So what? Human endeavour will always beat a machine, regardless of how that machine performs. Computers can tabulate faster than mathematicians. Yet we are still awed by unusual feats of human prowess.