Skip to content

Erling Haaland debuts buzzcut ahead of Manchester City opener

sportsAug 23, 202619288

Erling Haaland, 26, revealed a new buzz cut on social media the day before Manchester City’s Premier League opener against Bournemouth, captioning the post "New season, new trim." Video footage shows Haaland nervous at the start of the haircut before smiling at the finished look. He joked about previous hairstyles and called Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who had told him never to cut his hair; Ibrahimovic later said "What did you do? You lost a bet or what? Block me and erase my number." City team-mate Jack Grealish called the haircut "hilarious" and said "I love it," while Noel Gallagher said Haaland looked about 17 years old and Pep Guardiola said "You're lucky you have hair. I would love to have it. I love it." Haaland will try to carry the new look into the match at 14:00 BST as Enzo Maresca’s side aim for a season-opening goal from their striker.

3 sources