Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life marks its 50th anniversary
'Songs in the Key of Life' was released on 26 Sept 1976 as a double LP with a 4-song bonus EP. It debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Pop Albums Chart becoming only the 3rd album to achieve that feat and the 1st by an American artist at the time. The 1st two were both from Elton John. #StevieWonder
And he was one of the very first people to use a synthesizer on a major label.
Stevie was on a streak of great albums from 1972 on with Music of My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, and Fullfillingness’ First Finale, but Songs in the Key of Life topped them all. Happy 50th birthday to a timeless sprawling masterpiece of an album.
Stevie Wonder released his eighteenth studio album, “Songs in the Key of Life” on this day in 1976. It is widely considered his magnum opus, blending pop, soul, R&B, jazz, funk and gospel. Thoughts? Favourite tracks? #StevieWonder
The last album in the greatest 5 album run in history. Unmatched to this day. Unmatched, I say!! I saw Stevie a few years ago, and he did a bunch of tracks from Songs in the Key of Life. It was the greatest concert of my life, and I've seen a few over the years... www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmG1...
One of the greatest albums ever. Sir Duke As Pastime Paradise
Sir Duke and I Wish are my favs.
top 10 of all time
Sir Duke I Wish As Isn’t She Lovely Joy Inside My Tears
Love Sir Duke and I Wish