Francis Halzen wins 2026 Nobel Prize in Physics
Say hello to our 2026 physics laureate Francis Halzen! Halzen sent us a snapshot from his hotel room in Italy - join us in congratulating our new Nobel Prize laureate.
war letztes Jahr mit ihm noch abendessen auf einer Konferenz lmao
Can confirm that Prof Halzen he is in Italy. I've been staying at the same hotel and had dinner with him on Sunday night. That was because we were seated together as non-Italian speakers, not because of any impending collaboration. 🤣 #ImNotWorthy
A rare solo #NobelPrize in physics goes to neutrino scientist Francis Halzen “for decisive contributions to the IceCube Neutrino Observatory and the discovery of high-energy neutrinos of astrophysical origin”. Full coverage here: physicsworld.com/a/francis-ha... 🧪⚛️
Came to the comments for what I found.
Well-deserved! Did you know IceCube uses a cubic kilometer of pristine Antarctic ice as a detector? Dive deeper into neutrino physics with us at logidias.com/en/!
What is the IceCube neutrino observatory? Neutrinos are elusive particles that rarely interact, but can create flashes of light when they do. Most neutrino detectors are giant water tanks surrounded by light detectors. IceCube is kilometer-long strings of detectors embedded in the Antarctic ice.
The first but hopefully not the last Nobel prize for a member of NWA
Straight outta Stockholm! A neutrino detector named IceCube From a place in far southern latitude I dig to hell, I got a Nobel Print the data, you know it's a bombshell
A good day for UW–Madison. I remember my kiddo having fun learning about this cool method from the team at a frozen-Lake Mendota festival last February.
This is the IceCube Neutrino Observatory - a permanently manned station right on the South Pole. Cool.
A thousand trivia writers all shot up at once
wisconsin with another win, the greatest state in the world, maybe ever
For Francis Halzen at the IceCube Neutrino Observatory, today was a good day.
It was a good day.
This answer is so very physicist-coded 🥰
Congratulations to this year's winner of the Physics Nobel Prize!
That's some very important alt-text
Everyone who sits through Prime's War Of The Worlds more than once deserves a Nobel Prize.
In a German video with Suzanna Randal (she also narrates the ESA videos). They put Ice Cube (the Rapper) besides the IceCube building at the South Pole. I laughed for 5 minutes before I could continue. Neutrinos With Attitude! (Video in German. At: 3:33) www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUQ...
So surprising to see Compton scattering with neutrinos!
Coming in second place for this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics is the University of Arkansas for their revolutionary work on Petrinos.