Eva Marie Saint, Oscar winner from On the Waterfront, dies at 102
My favorite Eva Marie Saint films are On The Waterfront, North By Northwest, The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming, and, maybe less well known, Loving. One of the greats. Rest In Peace. www.nytimes.com/2026/10/06/m...
The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming is one of my absolute favourites. Still timely.
It makes me angry how good North by Northwest is. I don't know how many times I have seen it and it is still just as good every time.
I was just watching The Russians Are Coming the other night and marveling on how well it's held up.
Man, 102. What a life.
Love north by northwest 🙏
I always thought it was so badass that she played grown-up Katara in The Legend of Korra. Maybe the single coolest thing about that show. And it was a cool show!
102? Wow. What a life.
If Saint had never made a movie besides NORTH BY NORTHWEST (my favourite Hitchcock joint) she'd still deserve that much over-used label "iconic". Without her cool ambiguity, this frenetic whirlpool of a movie would just be exhausting... and not half as intriguing. #FilmSky
Two of my favourite films here
So sad...One of the great ones crosses the rainbow bridge...
A lot of people are referencing how good she was in "North by Northwest", and rightfully so, but "The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming" is really underrated. RIP to a great actress.
Damn. For a while, I thought she'd live forever. RIP.
I watched a clip of her in North by Northwest just last night, and my god, she was wonderful. www.nytimes.com/2026/10/06/m...
Eva Marie Saint won her Oscar for On the Waterfront when she was nine months pregnant and quipped, "I may have the baby right here!" as she accepted her statuette. Her son was born two days later.
That scene in the dining car is just so perfect!
I just watched North by Northwest on Saturday night. She was so wonderful in it.