Nicolas Cage refuses AI waiver, likely won't work with Amazon
Nicolas Cage says he’s “probably not” working with Amazon again after refusing to sign AI waiver for “Spider-Noir”: ‘I am not an AI-friendly actor’
Nic Cage is showing how easy it is to be a beloved icon by having correct opinions.
Way to probably take a stand!
We are not an AI friendly audience
Good on Nic Cage. Other artists who have questioned or even better, are actively against gen ai: Hayao Miyazaki, Christopher Nolan, Guillermo del Toro, Beyoncé, Kehlani, SZA, Bong Joon-ho, Vince Gilligan, Sterling K. Brown, Natasha Rothwell, Jenna Ortega, Morgan Freeman, Ethan Hawke, Kane Parsons.
It's time for a Nicholas Cage film festival!
AI has no place in Hollywood
Of course I love Nic. But Nic himself is basically the best argument against AI. AI could never actually give us a Nic Cage performance. It could give us an imitation of an existing one. But never one that doesn't exist because only Nic can give Nic Cage. He's a singular chaotic entity.
This is why he's one of the coolest survivors in DBD 😎
Friendly reminder that there's no argument as to whether or not Nic Cage is a good actor.
Guess we know why the show ended after Season 1 lol
More actors with Cage level leverage should do this.
Good for him. He has a recent history of doing just about anything for a paycheck, so I’m glad to see him draw a line like this.
Really respect the hell out of this. Also Spider-Noir was great but didn't need another season imo. I would have watched it, but things wrapped up nicely.
Time to go rewatch Lord of War
"Since it is now clear that a certain amount of stability is necessary for cultural vibrancy, the question to be asked is: how can this stability be provided, and by what agencies?" — Mark Fisher, Capitalist Realism [2009]
so that's why Spider Noir was canned, I liked that show, but good on him for not selling his soul to the machines.
“I am not an AI-friendly actor, so it’s like, connect those dots! I’m not a member of their club. I didn’t sign the waiver to let him use AI on ‘Spider Noir.’ I’m probably not going to be working with that studio again, but that’s okay.” #FuckAI
Good for him! Setting an example for everyone
I wish he put his foot down before season 1 with all the awful stuff Amazon does, but I definitely won't complain about this
"That chick, Julie... she's truly dazzling. Oh, and AI sucks."
And that’s why Nic Cage is the best
Nick Cage is one of the goats
I'm not really a Nic Cage fan, but this has me reconsidering. Also, Spider-Noir was great.
Just one of many reasons he's one of my favorite actors.
In case you needed any more reasons as to why Nick Cage is one of my favorite actors and my DBD survivor main.
You know what? I've gone on and on before about not being a big fan of Cage's acting overall, but I've gotta give him one hell of a salute for this one.
🥹🤩 Cage went on to tell the Comic-Con audience that he hopes to work with the rising class of Gen-Z filmmakers
A man after my own heart 💜
AI could never replicate Nic Cage
Nicolas Cage is a real one guys 🙌
“How do you survive AI? Amazon is a very AI friendly company to the tune of 50 billion dollars invested to OpenAI. I am not an AI friendly actor. I didn’t sign the waiver to let them use AI on Spider-Noir. It’s kind of like I’m probably not going to be working with that studio again. But that’s OK.”
And I was wondering why the fuck Amazon would ever cancel Spider-Noir. 😑
I was never a big Nic Cage watcher, but over the last few years I've warmed up to and have started to respect the hell out of him
I didn’t know Spider-Noir used ai and suddenly I have no interest in watching it.
I need Guillermo del Toro to direct Nicolas Cage in an indie, budget horror movie with practical effects, where gen AI is the central antagonist, Nic has to defeat while spouting baller one-liners, and everything is insanely artsy and atmospheric and creepy.
he fights a supernatural AI generator that sends out strange AI generated monsters; 20 fingered hand creatures with soulless eyes and warped hair and clothing.
I’d watch the s*it out of that movie.
I have never needed something more than I needed this movie in my life.
In this house Nicolas Cage is a hero — end of story variety.com/2026/tv/news...
AI waiver? Amazon is the "enemy" as the approved state dictated term is Super Intelligence. Bezos is rushing to the White House now to bend over. Or get on his knees. Maybe both.
Half a dozen of the heroes of the last year are mediocre musicians and actors. That's ok. I congratulate them on what they've done and said.
Nicolas Cage says he probably won't work with #Amazon again after refusing to sign an #AI waiver for Spider-Noir. “I am not an AI-friendly actor,” he said at NYCC, criticizing Amazon's AI-friendly stance and its reported $50B OpenAI investment. #SpiderNoir #GeekRealmHub
Ghostrider ain't playing w/AI. Y'all forget who Nic is. He knows a con when he sees it and will toss ya bum butt from a plane. I love ya Nic since way back when & thank you for taking a stand.
Good for him. I work in tech and know enough and have seen enough that AI is going to kill us either directly or indirectly.
Another reason to love this man