The Bluey Movie teaser debuts, in theaters August 6, 2027
First look at ‘THE BLUEY MOVIE,’ bringing Bluey and the rest of the characters into 3D animation. In theaters August 2027.
Huh, they actually did a pretty good job capturing their designs in 3D here :o
Not bad. Looks better than the new Cocomelon and besides, I’m sure it’s gonna beat Cocomelon to teach the animation community a lesson that’s DreamWorks doesn’t have to be better than Disney.
What does this look AI generated?
Some comments I’ve seen is that this looks “AI generated”. (Doesn’t look like that to me.) but I do wonder if this style of 3D animation will go out of fashion because it’s distastefully associated with AI
Huh. All things considered, they actually did a really good job capturing their designs in 3D animation.
Not to be an adult voicing their unwanted opinion on a children’s movie but I am a little bummed out that we’re missing a rare opportunity to have a new, high-budget 2D animated film back in theaters.
bluey in 3d reminds me of the peanuts movie and the spongebob movie: sponge on the run
Y'know, Bluey translates surprisingly well to 3D animation.
To give my insight as a 3D artist: I really appreciate how much the color grading and design preserve the art style of the show, but the shot composition and the way these materials are rendered may be subtly taking some people out of it.
It looks exactly how I would’ve imagined the show to look in three dimensions and anyone complaining about it is just getting used to seeing the show’s world this way.
First, Peppa Pig getting a 3D animated movie and now Bluey But which one would be better? 🤔
THE ONLY NEWS FROM D23 I CARE ABOUT Keep! Teaching! American! Kids! To! Say! Naur!
They didn't do the thing 😔
The first teaser for The Bluey Movie just dropped and I think this is such a cute teaser. I also think the sisters look pretty nice for their new CG look and I'm curious to see how the other characters look. Excited to see this next year.
I'll definitely tell you antic im definitely watching this over the cocomelon movie lol 😆
I'm Definitely very conflicted on the fact that They chose to make It 3D for some reason, but as long as the Writing is still Top Tier like the Show, I'll be Okay with It
Sad. They couldn't save poor balloon... again.
I love the design choice they went with giving the characters full 3D models. I’m so used to only seeing the 3/4 angle profiles in the 2D animation, so seeing them facing forward with a more “accurate” muzzle shape is refreshing in a way.
TikTok is already pissed over this teaser for the animation change. Some are calling for another Sonic movie situation 😭 It is a bit of a shame they didn't follow along with the 2D animation but personally I don't mind it! If the movie's good either way people won't really care
Universal: we're happy to announce the first movie based on the beloved franchise, Cocomelon, kids love that character. Me: who doesn't love brainrot? Universal: HEY! Me: Hey Disney, what do you got? Disney: BOOM, The Bluey Movie, coming next year Me: *SQUEE* Universal: you've gotta be kidding me?
I think this is going to be massive. Really massive. This will be that children's film that most parents will probably be more than happy to take their tykes to. Dig the animation style, too.
Just because I do actually think Bluey is a cute animated series, i may actually watch this. Not in theaters obviously but definitely when it's on digital platforms
Man they translated these characters into 3D perfectly. I’m impressed.
if im gonna be honest seeing them in 3d it fits like it actually fits idk if its just me but I honestly perfer them in 3d than 3d plus it looks adorable
A better and superior alternative to the CocoMelon Movie.
Sorry, Paw Patrol and Cocomelon, I will be seeing THIS in cinemas instead...
I'm totally gonna go see this in theaters multiple times
There are two kinds of people: Bluey fans and curmudgeons who won’t let you be Bluey fans who hate children.
I’m not sold on the CGI, but still excited!! None of the kids have grown out of Bluey and I kind of hope they never do. 😂
why does bluey look so cute in 3d 😭💖
I am seeing people unironically comparing The Bluey Movie… to this.
I genuinely don’t know what they were expecting
even professional animators and voice actors are crapping on it. i'm tired. it looks great to me.
Bruh, can we not do this crap again?
It took not even two minutes for me, but I am already used to Bluey and Bingo in CGI form. Heck, they look just as cute here as they do in 2D imo People just can’t get used to slight changes in design, can they? 😒
“A person is smart. People are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it” -Agent K
While all the hate is stupid, one thing I like about how the movie looks is how perfectly they translated the show’s artstyle into a 3D space The only other movies that have done that well (At least in my opinion) are Captain Underpants & Dog Man by Dreamworks and Blue Sky’s Peanuts movie
huh?!?!? i think the animation and models look really good though?
Can people plz enjoy movies? 🍿
This is just like Korey from the Double Toasted YouTube channel when people compared the Shrek 5 redesigns of the characters to “Ugly Sonic”. Korey responded: Get the f… Out of Here!!!
Can't people just be happy for once?
most people constantly forget that shortly after the one and only time the "Sonic" treatment happened, the visual effects company that worked on the movie shut down when can anyone ever learn
I swear the “traditional 2D animation” crowd is a plague.
That’s what people is doing now, comparing Bluey design to the Sonic design! I really don’t like this conversation already from fans :(
All over a movie for preschoolers btw
At this point, redesigning Sonic was a mistake. Would rather have the films flop than to hear people harass animators over designs they don’t like.
Ain't no way dude 😭
I know it’s fun to blame Disney for things, but it is not clear to me that they chose to make The Bluey Movie 3D when all of the financing is from Australian entities and the BBC. Disney is distributing it, so maybe? But as always, we should blame the Brits.
(My guess is that Joe Brumm is powerful enough that he just wanted to do this for some reason, but I have no real knowledge.)
It being 3D automatically means I don’t feel comfortable letting my kid watch it they have to know they’re losing a younger audience right?
British animation is mostly puppetry, and CGI is just doing puppetry with a computer.
I want them to go back and re-redesign movie Sonic back to the old ugly one just because you entitled morons still think anyone will change anything you don't like if you whine hard enough. Yes this is about Bluey, somehow.
People need to understand bullying corporations - especially in the entertainment world - doesn't always work (especially when the arguments being presented are fucking dumb)
There's a small part of me that wishes the Sonic situation never happened because holy shit did it create an obnoxious sense of entitlement.
Not people wanting the Bluey Movie to get the Sonic Movie redesign treatment.
Thankfully, I haven't seen those reactions. Just a few posts asking why the movie can't be 2D. Although the show is also animated on computers. They just an added an extra dimension. Bluey and Bingo still look exactly like they always do. Nothing like what happened with Sonic. People are silly.
Sometimes I wish that redesign didn't happen, even if it meant saying goodbye to Sonic.
the fact that the bluey movie doesn't even look that bad makes those who want another "sonic movie redesign" moment ALL the more baffling
Are they meaning that it should be 2D? Because the design itself is fine.
call me crazy but I actually like them in 3d it fits like actually fits not to mention (in my pov) they look way more adorable than 2d what im saying is it's perfect no changes
I’ll say it again: The Sonic movie redesign made social media believe they had that much power when this was an exception because even non-gamers thought the first design sucked.
At least Bluey still looks and feels like how he does on the show. This was NOT Sonic at all.
Saw an instagram comment demanding they switch it back within the next twelve months. To that I said out loud “oh, please.”
In other news likely to prompt widespread dismay and outcry: The Bluey movie will be a 3D animated affair instead of the 2D style used in the series. What on earth?!
It will be "Sonic the Hedgehog isn't fucking furry!" all over again.
This is an OUTRAGE. The government must act immediately!
Thank you Gavan I knew I could trust you to report on the real news. This cannot be allowed to stand, it looks TERRIBLE
Oh, man. That is depressing. Boycott?
This is the thin end of the wedge!
Genuinely so disappointed when I saw the trailer 😞
People genuinely saying the new Bluey movie looks like AI. Can we start disliking shit normally please
We have seen SEVERAL lower budget animated movies that go for this one’s look, that doesn’t inheritely mean it’s AI or has AI involved in production. Immediately assuming that shit is disrespectful to the animators and artists working on it
How absolutely disrespectful of people to slam down on all of those CGI artists solely for bullying them as an excuse to say it's AI when it's not made by a prompt.
Kinda sucks that a lot of new 3D CGI is just being labelled AI, like what did you think the slop machine got its style from stealing bro