Strange New Worlds Episode 6 'Off-Hour' spotlights Nurse Chapel
Weekly reminder - keep those spoilers offline for a bit! :) Looking forward to getting into the chops of Off-Hour! #StarTrek #Spoilers
That was one of the best ever episodes, especially for a bottle episode. I hope it helped satisfy those who’ve not been enjoying the sillier episodes. Looking forward to Ups and Downs this week.😀👍
Delayed til the afternoon because I unexpectedly have to go and find a new kettle cos the filter broke off on the one we had just as I was about to make tea 😄
my tv went dark on Tuesday, so I got a new one yesterday and spent 3 hours signing in to all of my aps and programming the tv and AppleTV Box (Which also crapped out), so I forgot about the new episode. Thanks for the reminder, watching it now!
Possibly my favourite this season so far (not a high bar, but cleared it easily). Bit of a silly magic science resolution, but they'd earned a bit of forgiveness by that point.
Absolutely loved the use of music in this episode. Kind of frustrated with the 'this magic just works, because the plot needs it to' stuff, and I did NOT need to see Una's legs like that. (No it's not what that sounds like, IYKYK), but overall, enjoyed it.
I think the crew need to be checked for salamanderitis
Photon torpedo prop on the set of "Level Five Transporter Accident", STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS (2026)
Introducing the new MARK III antimatter-powered electric razor. "The closest shave in Starfleet" -- Chief Montgomery Scott, former puppet.
Luxury car key fobs be like
I know this era of Star Trek is very into branding everything. But putting your emblem on what is essentially a missile is wildly inappropriate.
Photon Torpedos have engines right? Like the propellers of seafaring ones? So they’d have to be engineered from time to time. Seems like a job for engineering in engineering. I thought way to hard on this one.
Oooh, that’s a really nice update to the glossy black lozenges from the the 80s films.
am I allowed to say overdesigned torpedo
Interview: ‘Strange New Worlds’ Showrunner On Rest Of Season 4, ‘Year One,’ And ‘Doctor Who’ Crossover https://bit.ly/myers-tv
I’d like to see the characters on this current show get stories and not just a rush to get Kirk as Captain. They deserve stories
I stopped pretending that this was a good show after S3. It is written and run by people who either never saw TOS or care about TOS. Quit.
It’s not a crossover, it’s a product placement. This is Shatner doing grocery store openings. This is Susan Sarandon doing a commercial for CVS generic lipstick. This is Ellison treating two big products like sorority twins in an 80’s movie.
Easily the best Star Trek: Strange New Worlds ep of this season was, not coincidentally, the first totally normal episode in a while, a classic disaster story where many things on the Enterprise break at once. My review:
I still have felt no urgency to watch the puppet episode. Do I revoke my Trek Card if I skip that one and just go straight into this one...?
Thank goodness. I haven't minded the oddball episodes (except for the muppet episode), but frontloading them in a short season has been frustrating. Such a good show and cast; just let them be normal for a bit!!
NEW! Host @alextperry.bsky.social sets a course through sixty years of #StarTrek in the newest episode of the WARP FACTOR FIVE podcast — venturing into the opening chapter of ENTERPRISE Season 2 blog.trekcore.com/2026/08/warp...
What a joy it was to talk with Alex about the beginning of S2 of Enterprise. There is good stuff in here and we talk all of it! 🖖🏽💚
Want to hear our own @abbymsommer.bsky.social talk to @alextperry.bsky.social about time travel, alternate history, Malcolm Reed being good at his job, Porthos and more? Come see why the beginning of S2 is great! 🖖🏽💚🥕
One of the regrets I had in my current #StarTrek #StarTrekVoyager rewatch was the ill-fated Pete Durst. Up to the moment of his demise, he'd felt like a semi-regular being set up. Brian Markinson did a good job back then, and I would have liked to see more of him.
I thought that was Durst!
They did that with a lot of characters. Carey, Baxter, Chell, the lower decks people from “Good Shepherd”, the Equinox survivors. Still, great to see Markinson in other roles throughout Trek too, including you-know-who (not wishing to spoil anything!).
I am upset that STNG removed this critically important holodeck scene from “The Drumhead.”
Are people keeping up with Strange New Worlds? I only watched til the Dude Where's My Car ep and I feel like I should see something about the puppet one. Like in another era this would be all over my feed.
Probably means something that I only catch up with new Trek when I'm asked to go on Treksploration lol. Some eps are fine though!
I am! I still love the series, even if I think they may be swinging a bit too wildly this season in an attempt to be different.
I think I gave up one episode later. Plenty of Trekkie friends and mutuals, but yeah, also not seeing anyone talking about it.
I've been watching it with my mom. The puppet episode was her favorite from this season and I had to agree with her. It would have stood out more if the other episodes in this season weren't also gimmicky episodes. (1/2)
The noir episode was good
Yeah, the puppet episode... There are a couple of legit terrific episodes coming. The season ends better than it started.