Giants acquire QB J.J. McCarthy from Vikings for 2027 fifth-round pick
Trade! The Vikings are sending QB J.J. McCarthy to the Giants for a 2027 fifth-round pick, sources tell The Ringer and Netflix Sports. With Jaxson Dart out for the regular season, New York adds another young QB, while Minnesota gains flexibility and McCarthy gets a fresh start.
Giants already regretting that they let Tommy DeVito go.
As a Giants hater I love this for them
Well since the Giants already have a guy wearing # 9, RIP Nine
Thanksgiving is gonna be awkward in the Harbough family this year. “I thought you said this kid had talent bro.”
JJ has been brushing up on his Microsoft Surface tablet skills, to ensure a very long NFL career as a backup. Microsoft just came out with a 12" screen. But JJ prefers the one that is "the nine" inch version
JJ McCarthy stans are like chemtrails people
look, the only solace I have as a patriots fan right now is that at least other franchises are also having embarrassing quarterback-related issues
I think J.J. McCarthy can do a very good Jaxson Dart impersonation for the Giants. And I mean that entirely based on their appearances.
I thought he had a chance to be a really good QB, it didn't work out for a wide variety of reasons, and I have no ill will if he has success elsewhere, but I'm glad our long national n9nemare is over.
Was there somebody offering a better draft pick that made the Giants offer a 5th?
have Giants fans not suffered enough?
If there any more QB injuries Niners can snag a first-round for MAC JONES.
The #Vikings traded J.J. McCarthy to the Giants for a fifth-round pick, pending a physical.
Would, KOC saying organizations fail young QBs is true....and he failed JJM
If the Kyler experiment fails, KOC should be on the hottest of hot seats. "QB whisperer" my ass.
Please ask KOC "Did you fail your young QB?"
Welp… I would be willing to bet that next year’s starting QB is not currently on our roster.
🚨🚨🚨 BREAKING NEWS 🚨🚨🚨 The Vikings are trading QB J.J. McCarthy to the Giants for a 5th-round pick. Per @rapsheet.bsky.social and Mike Garafolo.
Wow! Just a 5th round pick?
Giants are saved! See. No reason to be so pessimistic
SOMEONE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE
No, I do not want to be "a fly on the wall" in this QB room. I want to be as far away from that room as possible, thank you very much.
Big "Looked all around this town, and all she found was Earl" vibes to this one
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F&*K
Brooklyn Nine reporting for duty
The Vikings very clearly couldn’t wait to get rid of J.J. McCarthy, and get a 5th round pick for him, according to Adam Schefter. Meanwhile, the Giants desperately needed options at the position off Jameis Winston’s performance against the Titans.
I like the trade. Jim got the best out of him when they were in Michigan. I’m sure the Harbs talked.
Doing think Jameis is great, but judging any QB on yesterday's weather seems foolhardy. Also don't think JJ is better than him.
I suppose McCarthy is an option, but just like Brad Goebel or open tryouts are options
Kyler Murray has looked pretty awful for the Vikings, but McCarthy is so bad that they gave him away for a 5th round pick rather than keep him around as insurance. That's a precipitous fall for the former 10th overall pick.
Or…bad assessment skills from Minnesota…
It's going to be so funny if McCarthy figures it out in New York. I mean, still stuffed by the birds, but not being out forever like Dart.
QB’s are a crapshoot. My 49ers had the same problem years ago. 3rd pick overall was for Trey Lance who’s been bouncing around trying to make it for years now. I think drafting these young QB underclassmen is the biggest gamble.