Angel Reese wins 2026 WNBA Defensive Player of the Year
DEFENSIVE EXCELLENCE 🏆 Angel Reese is the 2026 KIA Defensive Player of the Year after a standout season with the Atlanta Dream, averaging 16.4 PPG, 12.1 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.8 SPG! #KIADPOY | #WNBASeason30
the worst people in the world will be furious about this and i love that for them.
omg! I wanted it for Gabby but I *love* this for Angel! Nobody deserves it more.
Breh imagine if she was on the Wings right now.
BIG BARBIE! BIG MEBOUNDS! ATL HOE! #wnba
Look what happens when her talent is not stifled!
dubs in the mf chat
One of the best Atlanta sports trades since the Braves got Fred McGriff
Barbie just needed her Dream House 🩷
At this point, any Angel slander is just Hater Talk and should no longer be entertained
Well deserved. She was my pick for DPOY.
Angel Reese is the 2026 Defensive Player of the Year. She received 46 of the 74 votes. Gabby Williams received 20. Here’s the full voting breakdown:
Angel deserves everything! She has made so many sacrifices to fit into the Dream gameplan. She has worked hard to be where she is and gets this award! You can see it in her game!! So fucking proud of her! 🤩
My question is how the heck did gabby get 20 votes??? Did the voters watch her play defense???????
Congrats to AR5 but wtf do you mean Rhyne got 1 vote?!?!?!? The steals leader???? Like current steals leader got one vote?!?!?!?!?!?!? #WNBA #TheW #WBB
VB got a DPOY vote! She’s making the all-defensive team, the only question now is whether she’ll be first team or second team.
rhyne could’ve gotten a lil more love than that now lol
Hell yeah. And I know some think 3 DPOY candidates on one team looks silly, but I think Kiah should have received at least 1 vote too. #WNBA
I dont think it looks silly. I said the same about Dream lol. I was hoping Rhy, Jordin, and Angel would get votes. Im still hoping all 3 are somewhere on the all defensive lists.
You know what? Yea. Going to another team truly unlocks something in folks and Kiah was one of them this season