Dark cloud over Cornell after resurfaced 2024 rape allegation
Bravo “New information has raised serious questions about how this case was handled, and I’ve lost faith in the Tompkins County D.A.’s ability to fairly oversee it.” - Governor Hochul in appointing A.G. Letitia James to serve as special prosecutor in Cornell case
The idea that because she voluntarily got intoxicated for a reason not to pursue charges is like blaming the victim because she was wearing a short skirt. I had gotten sloppy drunk in my 20s many times and I was still able to know if I consented to sex or not.
This might mean Justice will prevail!
Great decision on the governor’s part!
Good. #Cornell "... bigger questions remain about Cornell’s reporting, response, and prevention systems, as well as its campus culture. The governor called for an outside law firm to be hired to independently investigate the university’s response." apnews.com/article/corn...
I'm old enough to remember how quickly they got on bended knee to this "administration". One has to wonder if this might've had something to do with that? Rape culture dictates protecting your own. Good on the Governor! There's got to be a lot going on there ~A LOT.
I read that they didn't refund her tuition so she lost out on that money when she left the school that allowed her rapists to remain. Back when I was in college it was always the woman's fault when shit like this happened, some things don't change in the eyes of rich white men.
When there's this case and I'm glad it's also receiving the attention it deserves. www.wafb.com/2026/09/28/l...